2014 Ford Fiesta drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Ford Fiesta:

2014 Ford Fiesta Owner Comments (Page 3 of 5)

Nov 162015

Fiesta

Have had my car repaired 5 times for transmission (clutch) issues. Including, but not limited to: Lunging into intersections when transmission engages, not responsive at take off. Chugging at take off, missed shifts. Car has less than 31,000 miles

- Everett, WA, USA

Nov 012015

Fiesta

Car shakes and shutters violently while accelerating. Happens all the time.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Sep 152014

Fiesta

Every time I try to give my car gas, it doesn;'t move right away and starts to sputter before it will go anywhere. Same goes for slowing down and pressing the gas again. Ive gotten this "fixed" three times and it is not safe espeically with a seven month riding along with me. It happens anywhere, pulling out after parking, at a stop light, and a stop sign, anywhere. I'm not sure what started it, it started to happen a few months after purchasing it brand new. Its technically not recalled yet but this is a problem in most Fiestas.

- Charleroi, PA, USA

Nov 072015

Fiesta

Transmission hesitates and shudders when accelerating from stop or at low speeds. Has done this on the street when leaving a stop sign, when accelerating/turning into a busy street from a parking lot, and also while going about 15mph (slowed down for car ahead of me to turn, then as I accelerated I got the shuddering feeling).

- Bowling Green, OH, USA

May 292015

Fiesta

When accelerating, the car will shake as it goes into first gear. As the car continues to accelerate the car will shake for about 5 seconds and then launch forward it is only a matter of time before the delay causes me to get hit, or the launching forward causes me to hit someone else. This is a continuous issue that started happening in my car about 1 year after purchase, and has gotten continuously worse

- Stoughton, MA, USA

Dec 012014

Fiesta

Shuddering, jerking, not accelerating - will happen during take off and while in motion

- Houston, TX, USA

Nov 052015

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Fiesta. The vehicle was repaired under an extended manufacturer's warranty where the transmission control module was reprogrammed and the clutch was replaced. When the vehicle was started and attempted to accelerate, it would not accelerate past 10 mph after the engine management service now warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was towed to the dealer. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 45,000.

- Rowlett, TX, USA

Jul 312015

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Fiesta. While attempting to accelerate from a stop, the vehicle shuttered and hesitated to accelerate. The contact stated that the failure occurred intermittently without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed and repaired, but details from the diagnostic and repair could not be provided. The contact stated that the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 37,000. The VIN was not available. Updated 10/21/16

- Eden, NY, USA

Oct 312014

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Fiesta. While driving at various speeds, the vehicle would jerk uncontrollably. The contact stated that the failure would occur intermittently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but the failure was unable to be duplicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 25,600.

- New Cumberland, WV, USA

Oct 222015

Fiesta

Transmission shutters on accell, its jers and slips when going up hills and when going into park, it bucks when driving and recently started swearing out of of control.... most bucking and shutters when acelling or merging into traffic...it bucks most when stop and then making a turn

- Tucker, GA, USA

Oct 212015

Fiesta

Engine light came on in the middle of traffic on span leading to the gw bridge-message stated transmission hot, turn off vehicle for 6 minutes. Second message was "stop or speed-up" I had to navigate the car to the shoulder in rush hour and turn the car off. I called the dealer since it had been serviced a little over a week ago. They were suppose to address the recall items and reported transmission problem of excessive vibration of the transmission. Very dangerous!!!!!

- Denville, NJ, USA

Oct 162015

Fiesta

The car has 17250 miles on it. I have been having transmission problems. Shuddering, shaking, jerking, jolting, sudden or delayed acceleration have all been problems. Low speeds seem to be an issue with it. It seems to shudder in between 1st and 2nd gears. I also have had it stall while in reverse. I have taken it to the Ford dealership, they are aware of the issue, have had multiple complaints, and said they would reprogram the software to make the shift changes more smooth. It is still exhibiting the same issues. Harsh shuddering, gears slipping, clicking and noises. It's just a matter of time before this vehicle kills someone. I wasn't told that this car would operate any differently than any other car. The dealership says that all of these symptoms are 'normal' for the kind of transmission that they sold me and that it's still safe to drive. Even when I took it in to get reprogrammed for the shuddering, the technician said that "it's still going to do it." What"! it wasn't doing it before and now you want me to deal with a shuddering vehicle? and you say you still can't fix it" that's terrible. I've owned Ford's all my life and this is my first new car and I feel like I've made a terrible decision and it's barely got 20,000 miles on it. More importantly, the safety. I've had more than one close call with trying to accelerate and the transmission not responding in enough time to get out of the way. Operates unlike any other vehicle I've owned and not in a good way.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Sep 162015

Fiesta

The contact owns a 2014 Ford Fiesta. While driving at approximately 5 mph, the vehicle jerked and hesitated when the accelerator pedal was depressed. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the clutch assembly, fuel assembly, plate cylinder, cylinder assembly, and transmission fluid needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 7,000.

- Manteca, CA, USA

Sep 022015

Fiesta

I purchased this vehicle new in 12/2014. When purchasing, it was represented as having an automatic transmission. The window sticker also identifies as an automatic trans. The car hesitates when starting from a stop positon. Shifting is irregular and the engine races between various shifts, I.e. often between first and second shift. During this period, I loose complete control of the vehicle. When driving a higher speeds above 40 miles/hour, when depressing the accelerator, it will not down shift for more power acceleration. When starting from a stopped position, there is like a grinding noise. I have take this vehicle to the Ford dealership on 4 separate occasions to which they tested the computer and transmission and dismiss my complaint. The service representatives say that this is not an automatic transmission but instead a manual shift trans. And this is what you can expect. The performance of the transmission is not predicable and I find myself on guard having to constantly be cautious of unexpected performance such as hesitation and delayed responses.

- Wentzville, MO, USA

Sep 062015

Fiesta

Problem is the transmission failed to engage when I pressed on the gas petal to go, it took almost a full second after pressing the accelerator, I would estimate, before the transmission would engage into 1st gear. I have had it happen before to a lesser extent, all randomly, so I never know when it will or won't go when I press on the gas petal. Very dangerous if you need to cross traffic and the car just sits there then decides to shoot you out into oncoming traffic. I also had problems with shuddering at low speeds, and hard shifting from 4th to 5th gear.

- Cass City, MI, USA

Mar 142015

Fiesta

When attempting to enter a highway from a ramp as I attempted to accelerate into traffic the transmission shook and the car slowed almost causing a rear end collision. This has been a continuous problem no control over car speeding up or slowing down on its own at times.

- Taunton, MA, USA

Mar 022015

Fiesta

We purchased the car lightly used and are the second owner. We bought it with about 7,500 miles on the odo. When accelerating from a stop, the transmission shutters and vibrates, sometimes violently causing a pause in the acceleration which has sometimes been problematic in tough traffic situations. If stopped on a hill and trying to accelerate, the car struggles between 1st and 2nd gear and to accelerate. We view this as a major safety concern. Upon taking it to the dealership three times, they common answer is that "it acts that way because it has a transmission that is a manual transmission linked with an automatic" and no attempt is ever made to fix the problem. Only one time, they did a computer update, but the problem still existed, and so we took it back and received the answer given above. The transmission does not function safely or appropriately, and should be recalled. It has caused us a lot of stress when getting on highways or major roadways because of the acceleration (or lack of) issue. Plus when the car jolts, shakes, and vibrates violently, you feel like the whole car is going to break apart.

- Gresham, OR, USA

Oct 012014

Fiesta

Car stutters and jerks when moving slow, or coming from S stop. The dual clutches have been replaced twice already.

- Chesterfield, VA, USA

Feb 162015

Fiesta

This vehicle has a transmission that causes bucking, kicking, jerking, harsh engagement, rough shifts, shuddering, delayed acceleration, red-lining prior to shifting, and feeling like it is returning to neutral during stop. This issue has been turned over to the dealer service center and Ford motor service. Both claim there is a clutch isse that is not a life safety issue and will not damage the vehicle long term. Both claim the parts are on back order and should be installed in 3-8 months.

- Springdale, AR, USA

Sep 012014

Fiesta

After purchasing my vehicle in Aug 2014 I noticed upon acceleration from a complete stop or coming out of a turn at slow speeds, the car shutters and there is a brief hesitation. I have to press the gas pedal a few short times to get it to stop and accelerate normally. Also I noticed the vehicle has also seemed like it was going to stall out a few times at an almost complete stop. When I press the brakes the RPM goes back to normal.

- Irving, TX, USA