2005 Ford Five Hundred drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Ford Five Hundred:

2005 Ford Five Hundred Owner Comments (Page 4 of 4)

Oct 232009

Five Hundred

2005 Ford freestyle...throttle body issues, when the car is put into drive it jumps forward. RPM's run high on the car at all times. The car will also jump in reverse it also sounds like it is going to drop the transmission at times. This vehicle does this all of the time. It also wants to shut down when you attempt to accelerate, like to get onto freeway for example. I have searched the internet and know this is not an isolated incident! this is clearly a huge accident waiting to happen, not to mention $800 dollars in repairs. I was almost killed in my 1995 Ford F-250 power stroke due to cam sensor issues, which was recalled right after I paid for a tow truck and repairs. This issue needs serious attention before someone gets killed, if they haven't already! Ford needs to be held accountable. Please pay attention to this! I will be replacing this part as soon as I can find one. I have taken this vehicle to a mechanic but not to Ford dealership yet. I no longer trust Ford! not to mention, I cannot afford them...

- Rockport, IN, USA

Jun 082008

Five Hundred

I have a Ford Five hundred limited. The car has stop running while the car is in gear and moving. It also stopped when I started to drive from a stop light. While it was being fixed at the car dealership it stop (died) on them several times. The Ford dealer company thought it was the power steering pump because the power steering pump was making a knocking sound. They also noticed that if they was to turn the wheel it would usually die on them. The dealership has replaced the battery, powersteering pump, belt and the throttle and the car still dies. My understanding from them is that they have never come across this problem before. What made me take the car in to begin with was that I went to start the car after playing tennis for about 45 minutes and it wouldn't start. The battery was somewhat dead and the security light was flashing rapidly.

- Omaha, NE, USA