- April 13: Ford Ordered to Pay $3 Million in Crash of 2001 Ford Ranger
- April 7: Government Petitioned To Investigate Ford SUV Recall
- April 5: Do Ford Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis Headlights Fail?
- March 29: Ford Freestyle Engine Surge Lawsuit Not Dead Yet
- March 25: Ford Recalls 221,000 Vehicles in Three Recalls
2005 Ford Five Hundred
Problems & Complaints
Worst 2005 Five Hundred Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems29NHTSA complaints: 16
- body / paint problems9NHTSA complaints: 11
- transmission problems6NHTSA complaints: 17
- AC / heater problems5
- interior accessories problems5NHTSA complaints: 19
- lights problems4NHTSA complaints: 3
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 40
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 6
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 12
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 11
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 10
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 7
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 7
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 4
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 3
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 3
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Five Hundred Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Five Hundred compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Five Hundred overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Five Hundred.