2.0

2007 Ford Five Hundred cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Five Hundred:

2007 Ford Five Hundred Owner Comments

Jul 212011

Five Hundred 6-cyl

We purchased our 2007 Ford 500 in July of 2007. At 87,000 miles the A/C compressor is failing. The A/C works properly if going above 45 miles per hour, however once you slow down and or stop, the air starts warming up. I was just quoted $1400+ to have this repaired. I completed a lot of research this week in reference to this issue prior to having the problems looked at and there are literally 100's of documented cases of this same problem on 2005-2007ford 500's. obviously there is a problem with this and Ford should step in and make this right.

- Troy, IL, USA

Jul 202011

Five Hundred 6-cyl

After only 72000 miles, my A/C compressor on the 2007 Ford Five hundred has given out, leaving me a hefty repair bill of $1300+! my car is currently in a private mechanic's shop being worked on and he has completed our regular maintenance on the vehicle. The A/C would work at speeds over 45 mph, but in 100 degree heat here in Texas all summer, in stop and go traffic, it was miserable.

- Cypress, TX, USA