2007 Ford Five Hundred suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Five Hundred:

2007 Ford Five Hundred Owner Comments

Sep 302011

Five Hundred 6-cyl

My Ford began acting strangely when turning, and would hydroplane badly when raining. I took it to my independent garage and they found that the left lower ball joint retaining nut had worked loose. That caused the left front wheel to move in toward the ball joint and the joint or nut tore the tire down to the steel belt. The service manager indicated that it appeared that the nut was not torqued correctly at the factory. Of course, I had to have the ball joint replaced and two new tires. I did notify Ford Motor Co.

- Moneta, VA, USA

May 142011

Five Hundred

I work for a Chevy dealer and they diagnosed my 2007 Ford Five hundred with a bad right front lower ball joint. My car only has 56,000 miles. I have had trouble with tires, alignment and checking online I see other people complaining about bad ball joints on their 500's.

- Charleston, WV, USA