3.2

2013 Ford Flex electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Flex:

2013 Ford Flex Owner Comments (Page 2 of 6)

Jul 012015

Flex

Ithe interior lights stayed on, door sensors malfunctioned, engine power went off, and alarm would go on intermittantly. These problems happened while the car was moving and when it was parked.

- Wildomar, CA, USA

Apr 302016

Flex

Door ajar lights continuously show on when all doors are closed. My interior lights will not go off and impairs my vision at night. Also because the ajar warnings are on my doors will not lock. I try to manually lock them and they automatically unlock while im driving. Not good while I have my 4 children in the car!

- Sanborn, NY, USA

Jul 152016

Flex

2013 Ford Flex sel. The door ajar warning light stays on. The front passenger door latch is faulty. With the door closed, the warning light stays on and the auto locks do not work now.

- El Cajon, CA, USA

Jul 062016

Flex

In the drivers door, the switch in the door lock assembly sticks and sends a signal to the car that the door is ajar even when it is fully shut. When it first started happening you could slam the door a few times to get it to work.

- Lake Helen, FL, USA

Jun 282016

Flex

Passenger door, rear passenger door, and hatch door ajar signal stays on when door is closed. -interior light stays on -alarms goes off in the middle of the night -faulty latch dome light stays on and creates a night driving hazard. Creates a safety hazard when the dome lights stays on and I am sitting in a public area at night. False door ajar signal prevents me from recognizing a real door ajar situation, which is very dangerous. Doors sometimes may or may not not lock. Windshield wipers randomly turn on.

- Litchfield, NH, USA

Jul 042016

Flex

Several door latch sensors malfunctioning. They state "door ajar" when doors are closed. Prevents doors from locking while operating vehicle.

- Rockwall, TX, USA

Jun 202016

Flex

Door agar sensor is stuck in the door open position. This causes the electric lock system to not lock the doors. When you manually push the lock down it just pops back up. It also keeps the dome lights on. Thousands of these vehicles are experiencing this exact problem. This happens stationary or moving.

- Victor, NY, USA

May 262016

Flex

The driver's side door sensor broke from normal use after 3 years. This prevents the door from locking, and also dings during driving.

- Omaha, NE, USA

Apr 152015

Flex

-passenger door, rear passenger door, and hatch door ajar signal stays on when door is closed. -interior light stays on -alarms goes off in the middle of the night -faulty latch -ignition key switch dings until I put key in and turn key back and forth and then take out again. Dome light stays on and creates a night driving hazard. Creates a safety hazard when the dome lights stays on and I am sitting in a public area at night. False door ajar signal prevents me from recognizing a real door ajar situation, which is very dangerous. Doors sometimes may or may not not lock, nor will the trunk open sometimes- causing a safety hazard/possible dangerous situation when I am trying to get my groceries out of the trunk at night. These same issues happened to our vehicle in 2013, Jan.2014, Aug 2014, and now in 2015.

Aug 062014

Flex

-passenger door, rear passenger door, and hatch door ajar signal stays on when door is closed. -interior light stays on -alarms goes off in the middle of the night -faulty latch -ignition key switch dings until I put key in and turn key back and forth and then take out again. Dome light stays on and creates a night driving hazard. Creates a safety hazard when the dome lights stays on and I am sitting in a public area at night. False door ajar signal prevents me from recognizing a real door ajar situation, which is very dangerous. Doors sometimes may or may not not lock, nor will the trunk open sometimes- causing a safety hazard/possible dangerous situation when I am trying to get my groceries out of the trunk at night. These same issues happened to our vehicle in 2013, and earlier in 2014.

Jan 032014

Flex

-passenger door, rear passenger door, and hatch door ajar signal stays on when door is closed. -interior light stays on -alarms goes off in the middle of the night -faulty latch -ignition key switch dings until I put key in and turn key back and forth and then take out again. Dome light stays on and creates a night driving hazard. Creates a safety hazard when the dome lights stays on and I am sitting in a public area at night. False door ajar signal prevents me from recognizing a real door ajar situation, which is very dangerous. Doors sometimes may or may not not lock, nor will the trunk open sometimes- causing a safety hazard/possible dangerous situation when I am trying to get my groceries out of the trunk at night. These same issues happened to our vehicle in 2013, 2014, 2015, and now again in 2016.

Sep 062013

Apr 232016

Apr 012016

Flex

Vehicle acts like the driver's side door is ajar even when the door is closed. It does not matter how hard the door is shut. This causes the vehicle to chime as if door is open anytime your speed is less than 5 miles an hour. It also pops up messages and warnings to shift to park when traveling 5mph or less. The vehicle is equipped with touch unlock. This is useless now because the vehicle thinks the door is opened. This is not only an aggravation but a safety issue because it is very distracting when driving in city traffic. This happened to the vehicle with 60,000 miles on it. This started when I stopped at a stop sign in the city. I tried to open and reshut the door thinking maybe I had not closed it hard enough.

- Rainsville, AL, USA

Oct 052015

Flex

Door ajar sensor started malfunctioning on the front driver door about 8 months ago and corrected itself at about the same time the front passenger door ajar sensor started malfunctioning about 3 months ago. Now both are malfunctioning causing interior lights to stay on and chime to tell me to put vehicle in park at any time. This also causes the doors to automatically stay unlocked while vehicle is in motion (clearly a safety issue). I have contacted the dealer with a list of how often this happens as seen here online but they say they have never heard of this issue but will be more than happy to charge me $109 per hour to diagnose the issue.

- Woodland, WA, USA

Feb 252016

Flex

Front and rear passenger door ajar warnings activate when doors are completely closed, resulting in problems with auto door lock feature, interior lights remaining on, and keyless entry panel lights remaining illuminated. This occurs when the vehicle is stationary as well as in motion both in city street and highway situations.

- Aiea, HI, USA

Mar 012016

Flex

False door ajar indicator. Door is securely closed but sensor regularly indicates it is ajar. This happens when the vehicle is stationary and when it is moving.

- Plymouth, MN, USA

Nov 052015

Flex

Both passenger door ajar sensors are malfunctioning keeping the interior lights on which is draining battery. Lights will not go off until a certain speed is reached while driving.(clearly a safety issue!!!) also alarm keeps going off randomly and the frequency is increasing.

- Port Orchard, WA, USA

Mar 012015

Flex

Start date is a best guess. I original reported this problem when my front passenger door began giving false door ajar warnings. Now it is all doors and occurs more frequently setting off car alarm, interior lights that won't go out, etc etc.

- Summerville, SC, USA

Feb 242016

Flex

Rear passenger door latch sensor is failing. Interior lights will not shut off after door is closed.

- Apo, AE, USA