2013 Ford Flex electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Flex:

2013 Ford Flex Owner Comments (Page 3 of 5)

Jul 152015

Driver's door latch ajar sensor malfunctioning. Reads "door ajar" with door closed, have to repeatedly open and close door to get the sensor to read correctly, and it still doesn't work right. Anti-theft alarm will randomly engage because the sensor is telling it the door is opened after being locked.

- Paxton, IL, USA

Aug 042015

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Flex. The contact stated that the passenger, driver, and liftgate door sensors were constantly illuminated. The contact stated that the doors were constantly unlocked due to the failure. In addition, the windshield wipers were constantly activated despite the weather conditions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the door latch sensors failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 47,000.

- Garrettsville, OH, USA

Oct 222015

The car started smoking from the engine compartment which the battery was leaking acid from the terminal. This happened while in motion and stationary. The dealership said it was not covered under extended warranty which I thought I was given bumper to bumper warranty. Passenger door sensor may be the cause. From no clear connection.

- Oceanside, CA, USA

Oct 022015

Front passenger door ajar sensor malfunctioning while driving

- Lompoc, CA, USA

Oct 142015

The door ajar sensor comes on when you get in and close the door.while driving the shift to park warning sensor comes on when you stop or yield.this happens over and over while driving. It's sensing door ajar therefore leaves all done lights on.if you slam door really hard sometimes lights will go off but you have to sit and watch to make night it's impossible to drive.very unsafe.sometimes I have to disconnect battery in fear of it dying and then be left stranded.they said it's the door hinge and parts are not available for 20 more days, I can't imagine dealing with this for that long for sure I'm gonna need a new battery.

- Homestead, FL, USA

Jul 012015

Right front door latch sensor intermittently does not think door is closed and doors will not autolock and door adjar warning is present on information panel. Sometimes slamming or closing gently will clear the warning, typically requires multiple attempts to clear.

- Midland, TX, USA

Sep 292015

Recently, when driving car suddenly feels as though it shifts to neutral, while driving down a busy highway. I coasted to a parking lot off of the service road, turned car off and restarted. This has happened at least twice lately. For months I have dealt with doors showing ajar, even when closed. Inside lights stay on... and alarm sounds often. First it was the passenger door, now the driver door and right rear passenger door constantly say ajar. Alarm sounds in the middle of the night. It has become necessary to disconnect battery cable every night in order for this not to happen. Recently had to purchase new battery. Passenger door was repaired at no cost to me... but dealerships want to charge me $1000 to repair door latches on driver door and rear passenger door, which on a 2013 vehicle is ridiculous. This obviously is an ongoing issue that needs to be addressed by Ford... and soon!

- Rainsville, AL, USA

Sep 282015

The door ajar warning lights and sounds continue to illuminate and make noise, even when the door is closed and reclosed many times. It has become quite irritating, and the dealership 'cleaned' the sensor the first time this occurred, several months ago. Now, it isn't under warranty, with nearly 40,000 miles on it, and I was informed that the part alone costs $300. Worse yet, the part is on backorder, which indicates that this isn't an isolated incident. In fact, I located several similar complaints online while researching my alternatives. I would appreciate it if Ford would own up to this defect and fix the problem for all Flex owners. I had to elect not to have it fixed at this time, due to the expense and the inavailability of the part. My sanity may disagree with this decision!

- Saint Johns, MI, USA

Sep 142015

While driving at night the interior lights came on and sensor said rear drivers side door ajar. Since lights came on in car during the night my vision was effected. This has now become an ongoing problem and the lights will not shut off when I'm trying to lock the car. I had the car serviced and told the dealer about the issue, that said they coul not replicate the issue and if it persists they can drive the car for 30 miles to see if it goes off again.

- Hayward, CA, USA

Oct 152014

2013 Ford Flex door ajar light stays on when doors are shut. Driver door and rear passenger door have the same issue. Dome lights stay on during initial reverse of vehicle causing zero visibility out rear of vehicle including side mirrors and rear view mirror. Multiple instances of near misses due to loss of visibility.

- San Tan Valley, AZ, USA

May 012015

At the beginning of May 2015 when I would start driving my 2013 Ford Flex I would get the door ajar chime for the passenger side door and all of my doors would unlock. I have just dealt with it, but now my passenger side rear door is doing the same thing and they both say the door are ajar all of the time. I cannot activate my alarm at night or my alarm randomly goes off and my dome light foes T go off for hours! my doors do not lock when I am driving at all! it sounds like this is a issue for a lot of people. I was just looking for a fix and ran across this sight. It is ridiculous that Ford has not done anything!!!

- Wyandotte, MI, USA

Aug 262015

This is the third door jam module that has went bad. Drivers side door, passenger door and now the back passenger door. It says the door is not shut. Ford is not wanting to own to this mess and the vendor has installed faulty door jam switches that needs to be replaced. The problem is that during the day he keeps the lights on, draining the battery. At night, while driving it leaves the inner lights on and is hard to drive with lights on this inside and at night you cannot lock your car because it sets off the car alarm. This is the last Ford I will buy. Please make a recall on this.

- Evansville, IN, USA

Dec 082014

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Flex. While operating the vehicle, the door ajar sensor light illuminated erroneously indicating that the doors were not secured. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who diagnosed that a module was faulty and needed to be replaced. No further information was available. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 80,000.

- Clinton, MD, USA

Jun 162015

I have two issues with this Ford Flex 1. door is completly closed but it thinks it's open, the lights stays on in cabin and distracting prompts appear on dash while driving. The car alarm sounds at night randomly because of this problem. The battery is drained over time since the lights stay on longer. 2. the trunk door does not open all they up. No mather from what button is pressed, key, trunk or from the side dash the door only opens half way and closes right back. We need to manually push the door up to completly open the trunk door, same for closing.

- Chula Vista , CA, USA

Aug 032015

The door front driver side door sensor went bad and tells car that door is ajar. This was replaced under warranty last year. Now yesterday the same thing has happened to the front passenger side door sensor. This was quoted to me at $700. This is ridiculous for a bad door sensor that Ford has put bad and faulty sensors on. I feel that I should not be liable for.the Ford dealership in town said, "this is a problem with Ford Flex". this door ajar sensor keeps lights illuminated draining the battery, even though the door is shut. This keeps the lights on when driving, and at night makes it very very hard to see and drive. This will cause an accident due to faulty door sensors.

- Evansville, IN, USA

Jul 012014

The instrument panel keeps alerting me that the passenger door is ajar but it is not. I have taken my vehicle to the Ford dealership and had the passenger door and driver door repaired for the door ajar issue and now I am having the same issue with the passenger door again!

- Gastonia, NC, USA

Feb 152015

The contact owns a 2013 Ford Flex. The contact stated that the rear passenger door warning light remained illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000.

- Goodlettsville, TN, USA

Jun 012015

2013 Ford Flex model pos, rear passenger door ajar sensor was repaired due to being defective while under warranty around 32000 miles I believe, at roughly 45000 miles the drivers door sensor was starting to fail, it would require 2 shuts to shut off. Battery kept dying, got it tested said good but kept dying, did not think it was a issue with the door, but one night I went out to get something from my truck and what do you know every light in the thing is on. Why? you ask because the drivers door is apparently ajar, but its not. I replaced the battery the morning before I seen the lights issue $200 gone. Contacted Ford by email recieved no response, contacted via facebook and they responded that they will try to help, recieved a call the next day nope we wont help you. For a $45000 truck it sure is made of low quality material. I will not be recommending Ford to anyone. Worried the airbags wont deploy properly if there is an accident, if the truck thinks the door is open. Not to mention the fact my battery will die anywhere I stop for a few hours.

- Providence Village, TX, USA

Mar 102015

Close the passanger door and the warning door ajar flashes and chimes on the dash panel, also the dome light stays on. Have to close the door sometimes 5 or 6 times to get it to off. Updated 09/15/15

- Brighton, MI, USA

Mar 012015

The driver door sensor does not recognize when door is closed. It is showing that it is ajar. This in turn affects the vehicle in a myriad of ways. 1:it disables the autolock feature. I have 3 kids in the backseat, and one of them curiously opened the door while at a traffic stop. 2:interior dome lighting: It keeps the lights on. I have astigmatism so the light really bothers me. 3:since the lights stay on when parked, it drains the battery 4:the unlocking sensor is disabled on the door handle that is affected. Please investigate! the locking feature is a major safety issue!!!!

- Renton, WA, USA