2006 Ford Freestar drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Freestar:

2006 Ford Freestar Owner Comments (Page 9 of 9)

Aug 272010

I was trying to get into a freeway from a ramp, but the vehicle will not speed up; the transmission just hesitated, instead, a wrench light came up on the instrument panel. I took it to a dealer and I was told that the transmission valve body and torque converter needed to be replaced (on a vehicle with just 42,604 miles)! it cost me $2,003.76. I read online that several owners were having similar transmission problems. I wrote to Ford Motor Company customer relationship manager, but they failed to reimburse me for this apparent defect or even acknowledge the apparently widespread problem with their vehicle!

- Upper Arlington, OH, USA

Jul 162009

Transmission failure on my 2006 Ford Freestar with only 50,000 miles.

- Charleston, SC, USA

Jun 272010

My newly purchased used 06 Ford Freestar is misfiring. Is still under powertrain warranty. How do I get Ford to accept this as the problem and repair/replace the problem?

- Newmarket, Ontario Canada, 00, USA

May 132009

With less than 50,000 miles on the 2006 Ford Freestar mini van both of the front hub assemblies had to be replaced. The service representative at the dealership stated that this has been a problem with all Freestars but only some of the 2004 models were governed by recall. This is the second Freestar that I have had this problem with.

- Green Bay, WI, USA