2007 Ford Freestyle engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Ford Freestyle:

2007 Ford Freestyle Owner Comments (Page 11 of 21)

Feb 142011

Freestyle

I was pulling into a parking spot in my 2007 Ford Freestyle when all of a sudden without warning the car lunged forward. I was easing into the spot. For several months now we have been experiencing this lunge with the RPM's hovering above normal. Problem seems to be getting worse, have read numerous complaints with the same mechanical problems in the same vehicle as my own. Appears from previous reports read that the issue has to do with a defective throttle body. This happens in both drive or reverse.

- Livermore, CA, USA

Jul 072011

Freestyle 6-cyl

My 2007 Ford Freestyle sel has a lunging action when the car is in drive. This has been happening since I purchased the vehicle last October. The lunging would have caused an accident Sunday if there wasn't ample space between me and the car in front of me. I didn't see a recall on the vehicle, but I have seen complaints and decided to submit this. Hopefully, this problem will be evaluated before it causes a fatality.

- Austell, GA, USA

Apr 292011

Freestyle

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Freestyle. The contact stated that the vehicle would lunge backward while in reverse, causing the vehicle to stall. The vehicle would also lunge forward while in drive with the air conditioner turned on. The vehicle was not taken to an authorized dealer or a mechanic to have the failure diagnosed. The failure mileage was 95,278.

- Fort Mitchell, AL, USA

Jul 082011

Freestyle

Our 2007 Ford Freestyle has begun to display an issue with surging which appears related to incidents where the wrench dash board warning light comes on shortly there after. It does seem to occur on very hot days when the air conditioner is running. During one incident the car had been restarted after being parked, was idling in gear for several minutes, while my foot was on the brake, the vehicle lurched forward, then stalled. Upon restart the wrench dash board light stayed on. The engine lacked power and would go a maximum of 40 mph even with the gas petal fully depressed. Once at home, turned the vehicle off and let it sit for an hour. It restarted fine, without the wrench warning light, and drove fine for several days. Both unexpected surging and loss of power events have recurred on multiple occasions, with multiple drivers. Recently the check engine light came on and has stayed on. The vehicle drives but seems to lack its usually level of power and will sometimes stall out while idling at a red light. Car restarts and drives fine for a while when another stall out occurs at some other light (unpredictable). Took the vehicle in for service 08/08/11 because it feels unsafe to drive. Ford dealer reports the throttle body needs to be replaced along with the mass air sensor (quoted $1,250 total). In the shop waiting on parts.

- Canton, MI, USA

Jul 242011

Freestyle 6-cyl

I was driving my wife's 2007 Ford Freestyle, while in reverse the car began to lunge forward when I putt it in drive. I quickly applied the brakes and the lunging quickly ceased. This happened again on 08/03/2011 this time the car shut off and the engine light came on. The dealership told me today 08/08/2011 that it is the throttle body and needs replacing. No accidents occurred from these incidents.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Jul 202011

Freestyle

My car has began lunging forward at random times while I am driving. It has also died several times. This problem does seem to be worse while going slow and with the air conditioner on.

- Lafayette, GA, USA

Aug 072011

Freestyle 6-cyl

I was driving my Ford 2007 Freestyle sel and I was exiting a parking garage and while I was sitting to leave the lot while having my foot on the brake, my car lunged approx. 2 feet on it's on. I was able to prevent othe vehicle from hitting anyone's car or person. This was not the first time that this has happen.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jan 012011

Freestyle

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Freestyle. The contact stated that when the vehicle was placed into reverse it would stall. The vehicle would also intermittently hesitate when attempting to accelerate from stops. An engine fail safe mode indicator light would also illuminate on the instrument panel. The dealer had not been notified. The manufacturer informed the contact that they were currently investigating the failure. The vehicle had not been inspected or repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000 and the current mileage was 65,000.

- Lavernia, TX, USA

Dec 012009

Freestyle

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Freestyle. The contact stated while parking with the brake pedal depressed, the vehicle lunged forward and stalled. The vehicle was taken to a local mechanic who diagnosed that the throttle body was defective and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was repaired. The failure mileage was 80,000 and the current mileage was 160,000.

- Murfreesboro, TN, USA

Jul 292011

Freestyle 6-cyl

My 2007 for Freestyle is having lunging issues. I often notice it when it's very hot and the air conditioner is running and/or when I'm parking. I've also noticed the wrench lite appear a few times. Other times, my car looses power completely and shuts off. Other times, it feels like I am loosing power when I'm driving. Almost as if the car is down shifting to a lower gear.

- Spicewood, TX, USA

Jul 292011

- Spicewood, TX, USA

Feb 012011

Freestyle

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Freestyle. When the brakes were applied, the contact stated that the vehicle would lunge forward while driving and lunge backwards while driving in reverse. The vehicle stalled and the warning light would illuminate on the instrument panel. The dealer was notified, but denied any assistance with repairs to the failure. The manufacturer was not notified. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 65,981 and the current mileage was 68,000.

- Austin, TX, USA

Jul 282011

Freestyle 6-cyl

Vehicle experiences sudden unexpected acceleration (or lurching) when idling or moving at a very slow speed. Occurs in forward or reverse directions, occurs more frequently in hot weather.

- West Chester, OH, USA

Feb 022011

Freestyle 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Freestyle. The contact stated that the vehicle would surge forward, while the air conditioning unit was activated, then the vehicle would suddenly stall and he would notice a warning light on the instrument panel. The dealer inspected the vehicle and informed the contact to have the throttle body replaced. No repairs were performed. The current mileages were 30,000. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000. Updated 9/13/11 the consumer also stated if the ac was on, the vehicle would surge forward. The dealer informed the consumer models starting from 2006 and up had a problem with the transmission body valve. Updated 10/05/11

- Statesville, NC, USA

Mar 022011

Freestyle

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Freestyle. The contact stated that the vehicle would surge forward while in drive and would surge backward while in reverse. The dealer advised the contact to have the throttle body replaced. The manufacturer had not been notified. The vehicle was repaired. The current mileage was 75,000. The approximate failure mileage was 72,000. Updated 2/22/12

- Centerville, VA, USA

Jun 012010

Freestyle

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Freestyle. The contact stated that while waiting at a red light with the brake pedal depressed, the vehicle lungeg forward. The vehicle was taken to a local repair shop where the contact was informed that the throttle body was defective and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure, but did not offer any assistance. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 50,000 and current mileage was 96,000. The VIN was not available.

- Russellville, AL, USA

Jul 232011

Freestyle 6-cyl

I have a 2007 Ford Freestyle that lunges without touching the gas, when I park and sit for a moment as soon as I put it in drive it lunges forward, sometimes when im going to park in a parking lot and stop and let off the gas it lunges forward, I do not know why it does this but some one will get hurt if this is not fixed and Ford dealer cant tell me why it does this.

- Excelsior Springs, MO, USA

Jul 312011

Freestyle 6-cyl

Our 2007 Ford Freestyle surges uncontrollably when idling. The dealer states that the throttle body is defective and needs to be replaced.

- Chattanooga, TN, USA

Jun 152011

Freestyle

Car lunges or surges forward or backward unexpectedly, especially when air conditioning unit is operating. Can occur with or without having the brake pedal applied.

- Mills, WY, USA

Jan 012008

Freestyle

The contact owns a 2007 Ford Freestyle. While in drive gear or in reverse with the brakes engaged, the contact stated that the vehicle would suddenly surge forward without warning. She noticed the failure when the air conditioning unit was activated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who inspected the vehicle and informed the contact that the throttle body failed and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was aware of the failure. No repairs were performed. The current mileage was 29,900. The approximate failure mileage was 500.

- Arvada, CO, USA