6.0

1. replaced directional/windshield wiper switch and harness (1 reports)
2000 Ford Mustang accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Mustang:

2000 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Jun 192013

Mustang 3.8L

While driving, all Instrument lights would rapidly flash on and off with a rapid chattering sound which happened for one to two minutes then immediately stopped. This happened on two separate occasions - same scenario. Has not happened again.

Note: Six months later, the stereo would not turn off even after the key was removed from the ignition. I ended up removing the stereo fuse. The fuse is still out: haven't had a chance to look at it.

Also, yesterday (12-1-2013), after driving about 5 miles, I parked the car in my driveway. About 2 hours later, I noticed my headlights were on dimly. I opened the door to turn off the headlights to find that the switch was already off and that there was a strong electrical burning smell which appeared to be strongest near the steering wheel. I had to immediately disconnect the battery. Here it sits.

Update from Jun 16, 2014: Replaced directional/windshield wiper/hazard light switch (also, sometimes called multifunction switch. The switch costed $60 (delivered) new from www.americanmustle.com. I also had to purchase the directional harness because one of the 3 connectors were melted an unusable. The harness is only about 12 inches long. Ford no longer makes the harness. I found it (used) on e-bay for only $19 delivered. I'm no mechanic, but it took me about 2 hours to complete the task. Works like a champ.

- , Virginia Beach, VA, USA