1. replaced directional/windshield wiper switch (1 reports)
2000 Ford Mustang lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Ford Mustang:

2000 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Dec 012013

Mustang 3.8L

I took a short drive (five miles) to the store and back; thankfully the car was at home and not work or some place else.. About 2 hrs. later, I noticed my headlights were on dimly. I opened the drivers side door to turn off the lights and noticed the switch was already off and that there was a strong electrical burning smell. I immediately disconnected the battery. The smell was all throughout the interior of the car, but seemed strongest by the steering wheel. I haven't had it looked at yet (just happened yesterday and am brainstorming at the moment.

Note: About six months earlier when I shut the car off and removed the key, the radio would not turn off at all. I removed the stereo fuse so I wouldn't drain the battery. The fuse is still out: haven't had a chance to look at it - it may be related to current issue. Also, near the same time period, while driving, the interior instrument lights would flash on and off rapidly with a chattering noise. This occurred on two separate occasions lasting about 2 minutes - approximately 6 months ago. This car has been great up until now. I'm glad I have a back-up vehicle.

- , Virginia Beach, VA, USA