2006 Ford Mustang exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Mustang:

2006 Ford Mustang Owner Comments

Nov 122010

Catalytic converter: Long story short. My car was still eligible under the emissions warranty. Which made it eligible for Ford to repair the cat. Converter by law. I was given the run around (per Ford customer service)that my car wasn't covered under the "bumper to bumper" warranty since I had bought the car used. At that time(Nov. 2010) there was a major. Nationwide back order on cat. Converters. I waited until February to take my car down to Ford under the assumptions that I was responsible to pay for the $1200+ repair cost. Since I was under 80,000 miles.. Ford paid for my rental for a month and I had my cat. Converter fixed :). people kept telling me that my car was too new to have that problem. Well you never know. It just stopped working one day and I couldn't drive it over 5-10 mph.

- Sacramento, CA, USA