2009 Ford Mustang seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Ford Mustang:

2009 Ford Mustang Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Jan 152015

Mustang 6-cyl

Have had side air bag light on for 3 months bought the car with 46K on clock and after a year the light flashes every time I turn the car on and does not go off Ford says not to drive and bring to stealership O I mean dealership so I can give them $2K to fix issue yea right with all the airbag news going around the past year you would think they would fix this problem before some family dies because there airbag's didn't open and Ford wouldn't issue a recall to fix the problem with.

- Norfolk, VA, USA

Aug 112009

Mustang

About a month after my purchase of my new Mustang in 2009, I had an issue with my air bag light coming on all the time. I took it in while under warranty to get it fixed. It took the Ford house 2 months to fix the problem. 4 years later same issue. Air bag light is coming on. No warranty at this time to get it check out. I've noticed that it has been a common issue or at least with faulty air bags. I'm afraid I may have the same issue if I am ever in a car accident. I feel that Ford should be responsible for correcting the same issue as of 4 years ago. Call it a warning sign that it may very well be a faulty air bag issue. To be continued.

- Colorado City, TX, USA

Nov 182014

Mustang

I was coasting to red light when it felt like my car just went without me accelerating my side air bags did not deploy even though I was T boned.

- San Antonio , TX, USA

Sep 022014

Mustang 8-cyl

When are you going to make Ford issue a recall on a known defect of side air bags on 2009 Mustangs? tsb# 10-23-8 shows that Ford knows it has a problem with this code 22 on it's driver side airbags.

- Clovis, CA, USA

Aug 102014

Mustang 6-cyl

My son was pulling the car into the garage which is a short distance from driveway into the garage. The car suddenly accelerated to a high speed. He stepped on the brake and pulled the emergency brake but the car would not slow down or stop. He rammed into a weight machine and cabinet in the garage which stopped the car. The car was put into park but the engine was still revving. There was front end damage across the entire front bumper and the air bag did not go off. This incident was reported to the Ford Motor Co and I requested an inspector to come and examine the vehicle's gas pedal, brake override and air bags for defects but they have not been very cooperative. I do not want to have just the body work done and then be put back into the car and have the situation happen again.

- Redlands, CA, USA

Nov 152011

Mustang

The vehicle is only 2 years old and the airbags light is flashing per the Ford dealer the airbags are not operational. Ford indicates this is not covered under warranty due to the car being 6000 miles out of warranty so if I am involved in a crash I will not be protected by the airbags, after reading online complaints this appears to be a common occurrence on 2007 to 2011 Mustangs.

- Independence , MO, USA

Apr 232010

Mustang

The contact owns a 2009 Ford Mustang. The contact stated that the passenger side of the vehicle was hit by another vehicle traveling at approximately 45 mph. The force of the impact caused the contacts vehicle to crash head-on into utility cables. None of the air bags deployed and the contact was injured. The vehicle was towed and was being inspected by the insurance company at the time of the complaint. The current and failure mileages were approximately 39,000.

- Charlotte, NC, USA