2011 Ford Mustang engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Mustang:

2011 Ford Mustang Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Jul 302013

I was driving on the freeway approximately 65 mph when my throttle light went on (wrench), my car lost power and began to idle. Extremely frightening, I had cars coming at high speeds almost getting rear ended. My car accelerator gave out completely going into "safe mode". I found myself having to go through construction cones in order to pull over somewhere semi safe. I turned my car off and turned it on again. This time the engine light went off as well as the throttle light. Again my car was undriveable. As I got home the car was scanned. Received two engine codes P2111 & P2112. All having to do with the throttle body.

- Arleta, CA, USA

Jul 152013

Was traveling on a freeway when a the care lost power and began slowing down. A little wrench icon appeared. I there was no place to pull over so I turned on flashers and rode on the highway until the care stopped. Traffic behind me swerved to avoid my car. I restarted the vehicle and continued on my way. The vehicle failed 3 more times on the way home.

- Smithville, TX, USA