2011 Ford Mustang seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Ford Mustang:

2011 Ford Mustang Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Jul 082015

Mustang

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15319000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Martinville, NJ, USA

Nov 102015

Mustang

A recall was issued on 05/28/2015 for defective airbags that could result in injury or death if activated. The replacement part is not yet available. I requested that Ford provide a loaner car and I was advised that "at this time, if a loaner vehicle is an option, this is something that you would have to discuss with the dealership. Ford is not offering loaner vehicles. The U.S. government's National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says that it (NHTSA) will organize and prioritize the replacement of the defective airbag inflators to ensure that defective inflators are replaced with safe ones as quickly as possible, addressing the highest risks first. According to NHTSA administrator mark rosekind, you are encouraged to take your vehicle to the dealership for repair as soon as you are notified that parts are available, but you should continue to drive your vehicle until then." So I am being told by the NHTSA that it is ok for my daughter to drive her vehicle and essentially risk her life or serious injury? I would just like confirmation of that since it has been over 4 months and no replacement part is yet available nor have I been given a time frame for when it will be available.

- Taylors, SC, USA

May 292015

Mustang

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags) however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 02/18/16

- Fort Thomas, KY, USA

May 272015

Mustang

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Jul 202015

Mustang

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Mustang. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The VIN was invalid. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Hughson, CA, USA

Apr 042015

Mustang

I was involved in a no-fault accident in my 2011 Ford Mustang in April of this year after someone in the lane to my left who was held up in traffic in his lane pulled out into my lane without looking, causing my vehicle to smash into him. The force of the crash caused over $9,000 in damage to my vehicle and left me with 5 herniated discs, hip problems, and a number of other issues. I have had a series of shots in my neck, as well as my spine, both of which have not alleviated my pain. I am now being told that there is nothing that they can do for my neck at this time, and that I have to just learn to live with the pain, and also that I need to have surgery on my lower back. My airbag did not deploy. Two months later, I got a recall letter in from Ford, but I took my car up to the dealership, and they said that there is nothing that they can do. They weren't even interested in trading my car in. I suppose that I should be grateful that it did not go off, as apparently people are dying when they do, but somehow it does not make me feel better, as this has totally messed up my life these last 6 months that have been filled with time-consuming visits to doctors, chiropractors, etc... I'm only 36 years old, and now I am suppose to live with this?? it's really terrible what has happened. I don't really know who to talk to about a suit for the airbag situation, as I spoke with my injury attorney who is suing the insurance company for my injuries, and he is somehow under the impression that the airbag lawsuits are only regarding the airbags deploying spontaneously, and not that they are just not going off at all when you need them during an accident. I am confident that if my airbag would have done what it was supposed to do and protect my neck and head during the crash, that I wouldn't have suffered such trauma to my spine that led to this. Please advise.

- Houston, TX, USA

Oct 212015

Mustang

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Mustang. While driving 75 mph, the wrench icon illuminated on the instrument panel and the vehicle decelerated immediately. The vehicle was coasted to the side of the road and turned off. The contact restarted the vehicle and the wrench disappeared. The failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure, but did not offer assistance since the VIN was not included in a recall. The failure was not remedied. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure with the air bags. The failure mileage was 58,000.

- Cayton, TN, USA

Jul 102015

Mustang

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags) however, the part to do the recall was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Ridge, NY, USA

Aug 012014

Mustang

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Mustang. While driving at 55 mph, the air bag warning light illuminated. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer multiple times, but the dealer was unable to diagnose or repair the vehicle. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags). The failure mileage was 42,500.

- Columbia, SC, USA

Jun 012014

Mustang

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Mustang. While driving 55 mph, the air bag warning light illuminated. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer multiple times, but the dealer was unable to diagnose or repair the vehicle. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags). The failure mileage was 42,500.

- Columbia, SC, USA

Sep 252015

Mustang

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Fosters, AL, USA

May 272015

Mustang 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 11/20/15 Ford informed the consumer, they may have the parts in June or July 2016. Updated 12/10/15.

- Athens , GA, USA

Jul 072015

Mustang

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was unavailable. MA 10/23/15

- Peavody, MA, USA

Jul 252015

Mustang

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags) however, the part needed for the recall repair was unavailable. The manufacturer stated that the parts would not be available for a year or longer. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Ridge, NY, USA

Jul 232015

Mustang

Airbag light came on and would not go off. Took it to dealership where they told me the passenger side airbag module was faulty. We're going to charge me $600 to replace something that I have no control over and is consider a safety issue and needs to be fixed from what the dealer told me. I have had no accidents in this car to cause that to be faulty and I feel as though this should be something the dealership should have to replace.

- Madison, TN, USA

May 302014

Mustang

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Mustang. While slowing down to make a left turn at approximately 5 mph, another vehicle crashed into the front driver side of the contact's vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained injuries to the neck, back, knee, and head that required medical attention. Additionally, three passengers that were in the other vehicle also sustained unknown injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was unavailable.

- Antelope, CA, USA

Jan 022014

Mustang

Front drivers airbag light on. Called Ford to get it fixed and was told by both dealership and the warranty department that I would have to pay $150 to have it tested. Depending on what the test showed I would be given the cost to repair. Have extended warranty with Ford too. They all stated that it probably would not be covered which can run me up to an additional $300. I have paid to have an extended warrant as well as pay them to service my car. The passenger seat electronics has already failed and had to be replaced. The clip on the exhaust broke and had to be replaced. Now the drivers side electronics is breaking. The seat will not move. Ford will not take ownership of poor quality. Now bigger concerns with all the airbag recalls as to why the 2011 have not been recalled!

- Greenville , SC, USA

Dec 212010

Mustang 8-cyl

When I am braking at about 3-5 mph the car will lunge forward (feels like I was rear ended but no cars behind me) occasionally I will go to accelerate and can't get above 15 mph I have to turn the car off and back on then it's fine. The air bag light off for the passenger seat will come on even with a 250 lb person sitting there, I have had people try to shift their weight but it still comes on after 5 minutes of driving it goes away. The peddle pressure to the brakes feel low and I have tapped my brakes and the ABS activated causing the brakes pulsate at 25 mph. The driver side engine will intermediately sequel and the car will idle extremely rough, it does it mostly at idle but I have had it happen at a stop light after 1 hour of driving. Also I always feel a ton of engine vibration on the brake pedal.

- Newbury Park, CA, USA

Apr 152011

Mustang

The contact owns 2011 Ford Mustang GT. The contact stated that while driving 100 mph, the vehicle failed to shift into 5th gear. The passenger side airbag sensor also periodically illuminated. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer and the manufacturer was not notified. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 4,000 and the current mileage was 6,456.

- Austin, TX, USA

Aug 252010

Mustang 6-cyl

2011 Ford Mustang V-6 after owning for about 2 months, we noticed that on occasion the "pass air bag' light in the overhead would flicker on indication that the passenger airbag system is disabled. After a few weeks, the light became more consistent to the point that it would remain on for the majority of the duration of any trip. Made a trip to the shop and the system was "re-zeroed". no issues for a few weeks and then the issue started again. Back to the shop and told that this is normal operation of the system due to my wife weighing ~105 - 110lbs. Went home and read the drivers manual to see if this feature of the system was described. Found a procedure in the manual for training the system to identify the weight of a passenger to the system. Followed the procedure. Again the system operated as expected for about a week and then started again. Back to the shop and again told that it was normal operation but Ford was again E-mailed. Response was to perform the procedure in the drivers manual. If this failed to work additional testing to be performed. Repeated the reset procedure 2 more times and returned to the shop with the same results. While sitting in the drive way of the dealership the airbag light was witnessed by the service manager flashing on and off with the car in idle and my wife properly restrained. Additional testing has been performed and all tests have been passed. The dealership is planning to replace the seat pad/bladder when the parts are released by Ford. This will be in early December at best. I am currently being told by Ford to pull over and have my wife ride in the back seat of our brand new car when the light illuminates.

- Columbus, MS, USA