2012 Ford Mustang seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Mustang:

2012 Ford Mustang Owner Comments (Page 3 of 5)

May 272015

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available for an extended period of time. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was not experiencing a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

May 272015

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Mar 242016

Mustang 6-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 05/11/16 updated 05/17/16.

- Chatsworth, GA, USA

Mar 232016

Mustang

Takata recall why doesn't ntsb, Ford, takata, somebody, give us some sort of projected date when parts may be available for this recall. We got a letter in July 2015 stating car needed attention and we would be notified when parts were in and repairs could be done. I know a Mazda owner whose car has been called in 3 times for this work. Yet Ford only says they don't have parts. Why not disarm the air bad as an intrim step, if nothing else. I'd rather take my chances with that than drive around with an air bag that can kill me. Somebody needs to tell Ford, and perhaps other product owners, what's going on here.

- Hendersonville, NC, USA

Mar 222016

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Cumberland, RI, USA

May 102015

Mustang

Takata recall no word on replacement05.

- Vero Beach, FL, USA

Jul 152015

Mustang

I received a safety recall letter from Ford Motor Co. In July 2015. It states that the front driver side air bag inflator housing may rupture and deploy abnormally. If this happens it can cause serious injury or death. I contacted Ford's customer service in December and they stated that it would be fixed in 2016. I contacted them in February and they still don't have the parts" the recall notice 152S21/NHTSA recall 15V-319. I don't feel comfortable driving my car. Is there anything else I can do to get this taken care of" thanks.

- Bowie, MD, USA

Mar 012016

Mustang

Takata recall I was notified last year that my car was recalled. Ford still does not have parts to fix or a plan to fix. This car is just sitting because I will not allow my children do drive a car that has been recalled for airbags that could cause death. How long does Ford have to repair" I have to pay insurance, personal property tax on a car we won't use. People also do not want to purchase my car because it has been recalled and not fixed. I called Ford and they said this is not a Ford issue it is a takata issue and I will be notified when the parts are available. In the mean time my car is depreciating and not being used. What is my recourse"

- Nixa, MO, USA

Nov 162015

Mustang

Takata recall - in early November 2015 I was driving my 2012 Ford Mustang when I experienced a minor fender bender, less that 10 mph. Surprisingly, the airbags deployed causing my passenger, a young boy with a stomach bag and other illnesses to have to get checked in the hospital. Thank god he was not injured but he was very shaken up for many days because of his autism. The car was towed to bodyart collision center ((908-789-0330) to replace the airbags, which they have done. However, three months later my car is still sitting there because, although they were able to install the proper airbags, Ford has not yet been able to get approval for a newly designed replacement dashboard. Several mechanics have called to find after market dashboard but no one has them. Ford has also stopped manufacturing them, most likely because of the airbag recall. My mechanic, myself, my mother and anyone else I can find has called Ford customer service (heather 866-631-3788, ext. 7-7790, case no. Cas8338404) and their response is "we have no additional information to give you." Now they no longer return calls. We even sent an email to the CEO but have not even received an acknowledgement. In the meantime, I have no car, cannot afford to buy one, and am living with my mother so that I can use her car for errands, even though I now have to travel 40 minutes to get to work. I pay $1500+ monthly rent and I cant even live in my apartment. The frustration is overwhelming. I ask for any relief from Ford -- help with renting a car, a replacement car until they the government (I assume nhtca) approves the new dashboard, even a response that has a little more meat than the standard rhetoric from their customer service.

- Summit, NJ, USA

Jul 012015

Mustang

I received a letter from Ford Motor Company dated July 2015, almost 8 months ago informing me of safety recall notice 15S21. This is a very serious recall that details the possibility of a abnormally deploying driver side airbag which can cause serious injuries or death. I just spoke to Ford (it is 23 February 2016 at the time of this writing) and they indicated that they still do not have the parts necessary to repair this very serious defect in the drivers side airbag. There response was that they were still working with the supplier for the parts. That is extremely unacceptable, given the extremely dangerous nature of this malfunction. I request that NHTSA contact Ford and pressure them to accelerate their efforts in acquiring the necessary parts to repair this issue. NHTSA should fine Ford for their inaction in this matter. It could be a matter of life or death.

- Leesburg, VA, USA

Jul 032015

Mustang

Ford has yet to make the parts available and tells me to continue driving a car thsat, by their own admission, could cause serious injury or death. They told me the director of the NHTSA is telling people to go ahead and drive these cars. I have been waiting for the parts for months and don't want to drive my car until the parts are available. Why is Ford being allowed to get by with this. They shoudl either fix our cars or buy them back from us. 9 deaths and 136 serious injuries is terrifying. If they can make new cars with safe air bags to sell at their dealership, why can't theyaren't they being forced to get replacement parts out to the consumers they sold defective cars to. This is outrageous. If I were in an accident, the so-called saftey feature could kill me. We, the consumers, need your assistance to get this matter rectified.

May 132015

Mustang

Takata recall - I am being told by my Ford dealership that Ford Motor Company has sent them no parts/airbags at all to replace the recalled ones. I live in Florida (not getting any more humid than that), and it's been almost a year since I received my recall notice (May 2015). I would like someone at Ford Motor Company to send the replacements asap, as none of the dealers are providing loaners, and I drive 80 miles a day!! thank you!!!

- Palm Beach Gardens, FL, USA

Jul 012015

Mustang

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bag) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Santa Paula, CA, USA

Feb 172016

Mustang

Takata recall I am just writing to complain that almost a year after we were first notified that our Mustang was included in this recall that not only has it not yet been rectified but that Ford still cannot give any kind of an eta as to when this might happen. It is unacceptable that my wife puts her life at risk every time she gets behind the wheel of her car and almost a year later they still cannot tell us when they are going to have parts to fix this.

- Cape Coral, FL, USA

Dec 022015

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms part not available.

- Ocala, FL, USA

Jun 112014

Mustang

Takata recall- when will replacements be available. It has been two years since we were advised our Mustang air bags need takata replacements. Tony

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Jul 062015

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Ford Mustang. The contact received a recall notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the part for the recall was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 06/15/16

- Englewood, FL, USA

Jul 302015

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

Jul 302015

Mustang 6-cyl

I received a recall notice in July 2014. I have contacted Ford dealership three times. The parts are still not available and no temporary fix is available. My car is dangerous to drive until it is fixed. Action needs to be taken. What can you do to make this happen?

Jan 282016

Mustang

Why is it that new cars have airbags not involved in recall, but those of us driving with the defective airbags cannot get ours replaced? because you are not forcing the auto industry to do it! auto makers would much rather pay out to individual physically maimed or killed per lawsuit, than to pay the millions to replace defective airbags. Shameful on your part!!

- Naples, FL, USA