2012 Ford Mustang seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Ford Mustang:

2012 Ford Mustang Owner Comments (Page 2 of 5)

Jul 152015

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Ford Mustang. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Spencer, NE, USA

May 272016

Mustang

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Mustang. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the part for the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was invalud. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Austin, TX, USA

Jul 012015

Mustang 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.....updated 07/05/16 updated 10/25/16.

- Chatsworth, CA, USA

Jul 202015

Mustang

The contact owns a 2012 Ford Mustang. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- New Stanton, PA, USA

May 022016

Mustang 6-cyl

2012 Ford Mustang. Consumer writes in regards to dealership/ manufacturer/NHTSA failure to take responsibility for the repairs of driver side airbag recall notice in a timely manner. The consumer was informed the parts were not available.

- Bend, OR, USA

Jan 012015

Mustang

I received the recall notice last year in 2015. I took the car to the Ford dealer in Napa California for service/repair. The dealer told me that the replace parts were not available because they had not been manufactured yet. I went back for service in March 2016, and was told the same thing. If I am maimed, wounded or killed because of this dangerous equipment and negligent process, I hope my family files a huge law suite and Ford and the us government for failure of oversight of a known defect cause harm or death.

- Napa, CA, USA

May 042015

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Bel Monte, CA, USA

Mar 132016

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Ford Mustang. The contact was informed by the manufacturer that the vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact was not informed of the recall prior to purchasing the vehicle approximately 45 days ago. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Porterville, CA, USA

May 272015

Mustang

Takata recall, called Ford and they said it would be Sept or Oct 2016 before I can get my airbag replaced. This is ridiculous, hoping not to be in accident for 18 months while waiting for them to get to this. Recall was May 2015..I and or my family will file lawsuit in the event that I am in accident before this recall is repaired

- Marana, AZ, USA

Jul 152015

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags) however, the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirm parts not yet available.

- Atoka, OK, USA

Jun 012015

Mustang

Safety recall notice 15S21/ NHTSA recall 15V-319 front driver side airbag inflator housing rupture 7 deploy abnormally result in metal fragments striking driver 7 other occupants causing serious injury or death. Ford issued this recall on July 2015. The letter contains no phone # so I called the dealership. I was told the parts are being produced slowly and goes in order of VIN#. I am still driving with myself and my children in the car with the constant fear of being injured and dying from the air bag that is supposed to protect me. The dealership service dept manager acted annoyed by my call; however, they were more than overjoyed to sell it to me. There should be a way to get an updated progress report on the production of the replacement part & the process should not take this long. What I am I to do? wait until something life-altering happens when I thought I was buying my dream car...

- Lilbourn, MO, USA

Jul 102015

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Ford Mustang. The contact received a recall notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Burlingame, CA, USA

Apr 142016

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Ford Mustang GT. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags) however the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The manufacturer informed the contact that according to NHTSA the vehicle was safe to drive and they would not have part until the end of 2016. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Midlothian, TX, USA

Jul 212015

Mustang 6-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Ford Mustang. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags) however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 05/10/16 updated 05/11/16.

- Blackstone, VA, USA

Apr 142016

Mustang

I called the safercar.gov phone number regarding the status of my car's takata airbag recall since it has been almost a year since I received a letter stating my car is indeed affected by the recall. I was told to call the manufacturer of my car at 1-800-392-3673. Following the prompts, I was waiting on hold until my turn came up but was eventually cut off; I have called multiple times encountering the same issue. I am frustrated as to the time it is taking to replace these airbags with recently another life lost to faulty airbags. Please take the time to ensure these airbags are replaced quickly!!!

- Floyd, VA, USA

Jul 072015

- Sugar Land, TX, USA

Jul 062015

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Ford Mustang. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the parts for the recall were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.....updated 04/25/16

- Marrero, LA, USA

Jun 022015

Mustang

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Ford Mustang. The contact stated that the passenger side air bag warning indicator illuminated. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V319000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 54,000. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Rock Hills, SC, USA

Apr 082016

Mustang

Takata recall. My 2012 Ford Mustang was issued a recall for faulty airbags on 5-27-2015. The recall status on 4-8-2016 is still "recall incomplete. Remedy not yet available." I find this completely unacceptable. I saw on the news that there was another death caused by these exploding takata airbags. How many people have to die before NHTSA takes this seriously and makes Ford and other affected manufacturers start replacing these airbags? I feel completely unsafe driving this vehicle.

- Springfield, IL, USA

Jul 012015

Mustang

Takata recall: In July 2015, I got a notice that my car was recalled because of the airbags. I have tried multiple times to get them replaced but all that I get is that they don't have them yet. When are they required to make the replacement?

- Blackstone, VA, USA