3.2

2001 Ford Ranger fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Ford Ranger:

2001 Ford Ranger Owner Comments

Mar 102006

Ranger 4WD 6-cyl

While starting vehicle my wife was notified by her co-worker that gas was leaking onto the pavement under the driver's side of the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to our dealer where we purchased the vehicle. We were told by the service manager the high pressure fuel line was damaged possibly by road debris, which we had replaced by the dealer. However being the vehicle is a 2001 Ford Ranger pickup truck with 42,523 miles I feel this should be a safety concern due in part that if my wife's co-worker did not see the problem and my wife continued driving the vehicle certainly a fire and possibly serious injury or death could have occurred.

- Barkhamsted, CT, USA