2006 Ford Ranger seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Ford Ranger:

2006 Ford Ranger Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Feb 152016

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Ford Ranger. The contact received a recall notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V036000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Oxford, MA, USA

Jan 222016

Ranger

Takata recall, recall has been open for almost a year with no remedy available.. remedy not completed in a timely manner.

- Seal Beach, CA, USA

Jun 152016

Ranger

We have not heard anymore about this recall, and hesitate to drive it, especially out on the highway system.

- Tilden, NE, USA

Feb 292016

Ranger

The contact owns a 2006 Ford Ranger. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 15V322000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Lapeer, MI, USA

Aug 242016

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V322000 (air bags) and 16V036000 (air bags). The parts to do the recall repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was not aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Romulus, MI, USA

Dec 122016

Ranger

Takata recall - I see a news story that some of this recall in Texas will be expedited, it seems like my vehicle would be applicable for this. But the ntsb VIN check website still says "recall status: Recall incomplete. Remedy not yet available" I would like to know why my vehicle is not included in this new expedited effort for Texas vehicles.

- Garland, TX, USA

Feb 162016

Ranger

Takata recall, I have been waiting for almost a year for a replacement for my driver's side airbag. I received my recall notice on February 2016. My passenger side bag was replaced in 2015. I do not feel safe driving this truck.

- Alexander City, AL, USA

Nov 232016

Ranger

Driver airbag inflator replacement.. NHTSA recall number: 16V036 recall date: January 22, 2016 manufacturer recall number: 16S03 Ford has yet to contact me to let me know if the part is available, this is unacceptable. The recall says the driver side airbag inflator could rupture if the vehicle is involved in a crash where the supplemental frontal airbags are designed to deploy. If this occurs, it may increase the risk of injury or death to the occupants. If it is this serious, than why am I still driving this vehicle, I should be in a rental until this recall is accomplished. There are already deaths involved, this is why there is a recall. I was in a minor accident on November 23, 2016, I am blessed that my airbag didn't deploy, now I'm more worried than ever.

- Merritt Island, FL, USA

Jun 032016

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V322000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Jun 012016

Ranger

Takata recall - my vehicle is equipped with recalled takata airbags on both drivers and passengers sid/ I have taken the recall notices to the dealer that I bought it from, and have been told the parts are on order aaeveral months ago. Past that, the dealer has no information and is not trustworthy. Ford's website has a lot a fluff, but no answers. I have two questions: First, are both of these permanent replacements" if they aren't, then what is the point? second, can the takata airbags be removed and/or replaced in this vehicle by means other than this insane recall"

- Billings, MT, USA

Sep 302016

Ranger

The contact owns a 2006 Ford Ranger. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V036000 (air bags). The parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Burnsville, WV, USA

May 272015

Ranger 6-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V322000 (air bags) and 16V036000 (air bags). The dealer indicated that the remedy and parts were not available from the manufacturer. The manufacturer was unable to provide a reasonable time frame to supply the repair solution and parts to the dealer. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 11/01/16 updated 11/02/16.

- Newport News, VA, USA

Ranger

The contact owns a 2006 Ford Ranger. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V036000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Pamplico, SC, USA

Ranger 4WD 6-cyl

2006 Ford Ranger. Consumer writes in regards to replacement parts not available to repair driver airbag inflator recall.

- Flowery Branch, GA, USA

May 312016

Ranger

Takata recall; I took my 06 Ford Ranger to jim burke to have my recall fixed on May 31 2016 they kept it all day. I picked it up at end of day, my air bag light was still on I asked the service adviser about it, they said I would have to bring it back another day and I would be charged to check it out. Today is 7/21/16 my air bag light still comes on.I don't think jim burke Ford ever replaced my defective part

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Jul 012016

Ranger 6-cyl

2006 Ford Ranger. Consumer writes in regards to parts not available to repair recall notice. The consumer referenced recall # 16V036000. Updated 10/17/16.

- Taylors, SC, USA

May 022016

Ranger 6-cyl

Takata recall I have been waiting well over 2 mo. To have my air bags replaced.I am wondering if I have to wait until I potentially have an accident to have them replaced or possibly becoming a statistic. The dealer says he does not have parts in stock. Please help... thank you very much.

- Sevierville, TN, USA

Mar 162016

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V322000 (air bags) and 16V036000 (air bags). The parts needed for the repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Parts distribution disconnect. Updated 08/30/16

- El Paso, TX, USA

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V036000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Knoxville, TN, USA

Jul 212015

Ranger

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Ford Ranger. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V322000 (air bags) and 16V036000 (air bags); however, the parts needed to perform the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available....updated 07/13/16...updated 07/19/16

- Danielson, CT, USA