1997 Ford Taurus engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Ford Taurus:

1997 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Nov 102008

Taurus Limited 3.2L V6

the engine soon check and abs appeared since last week. I brought the car to a repair shop but i was advised to bring the car to ford company here in Russia, but my problem here is i do not speak Russian, so i have a hard time communicate with them. anyone who could help me with my problem. which valve should i change. please advise. thanks

- , Moscow, Russia, Russia

Aug 182006

Taurus GL

My check engine light came on a couple of weeks ago, and due to a numer of reasons I didn't have it checked until today (8/18/06). AutoZone ran a check on it and told me I had the P0455 code. I checked the gas cap, but after I took it off and put it back on, the code remained.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but last year the check engine light was on and it turned out that the PCV valve had to be replaced. Now this - I don't know if the two are connected or not, but I can't afford expensive repairs and my inspection and registration are up for renewal come December.

I bought this vehicle in December '04 from a used car dealer. So, any warranty that came with it has long since expired. It seems to me that if people have similar problems repeatedly with the same vehicle, then Ford could be sued. At least it should be.

I bought a lemon and am at a loss as to what to do. This car guzzles gas like you wouldn't believe, and I can't afford to keep pouring money into it.

If anyone out there has an idea as to how to take care of this as cheaply as possible, please let me know. I'm getting ready to tear my hair out. Thanks!

- , Pulaski, NY, USA

Apr 172003

Taurus LE

when put on the computer, it indicated a transmission problem, but nothing is wrong with the transmission. have regular oil changes, had a tuneup last november. nothing seems to be wrong but the light wont go off.

- , Edison, NJ, USA