- October 16: MyFord Touch Lawsuit Certified Class-Action in Nine States news | 8 days ago
- October 16: Ford Says Power Steering Lawsuit Shouldn't Be a Class-Action news | 8 days ago
- October 12: Ford Edge and Lincoln Continental Recalled recalls | 12 days ago
- October 4: Feds Investigate Brake Failures in 2015-2016 Ford F-150 Trucks investigations | 20 days ago
- October 4: Ford Throttle Body Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 20 days ago
2002 Ford Taurus
accessories - interior Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car where the coil springs don't puncture or shred tires while driving. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 1999-2003 Ford Taurus has a huge problem with coil springs breaking, which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
Worst 2002 Taurus accessories - interior Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- dash lights do not work7
- door ajar light on when doors are shut6
- vinyl interior peeling4
- accelerator sticking1
- electric seat not working1
- interior lights work periodically1
- picture of a car and service engine lights on1
- NHTSA: Child Seat3
- NHTSA: Equipment3
- NHTSA: Equipment: Electrical3
- NHTSA: Equipment: Mechanical: Jacks2
- NHTSA: Seats2
- NHTSA: Equipment: Other: Owners/Service/Other Manual 1
- NHTSA: Interior Lighting1
- NHTSA: Seats: Front Assembly: Head Restraint1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Taurus Model Years
Curious how the 2002 Taurus compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Taurus overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Taurus.