- July 8: Ford Explorer Exhaust Smells Investigated investigations | 21 days ago
- June 29: Ford Recalls 8,500 Cars, Trucks, Vans and SUVs recalls | 30 days ago
- June 7: Sports Car Crash-Test Ratings All Over the Place news | 52 days ago
- June 1: Ford Recalls 1.9 Million Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 58 days ago
- May 25: Ford Recalls 271,000 F-150 Trucks For Leaking Master Cylinders recalls | 65 days ago
2002 Ford Taurus (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: Most people need a car where the coil springs don't puncture or shred tires while driving. The Taurus fails in that respect.
The 1999-2003 Ford Taurus has a huge problem with coil springs breaking, which can puncture or even shred tires while driving.
The US government spent THREE YEARS (2008-2011) investigating the 2002-2003 Taurus coil springs. Although Taurus/Sable from earlier years were recalled, ultimately the NHTSA did not force a recall. They determined that because there had been no deaths & very few bad crashes & injuries, the broken coil springs defect was no big deal & not a safety defect. Tell that to all the owners who had close calls...
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 118,878 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 22 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replaced transmission (11 reports)
- not sure (9 reports)
- replaced spline in torque converter (1 reports)
- transmission rebuild (1 reports)