5.0

2004 Ford Taurus transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Taurus:

2004 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Jul 202012

Taurus ES V6

Curious if this is just a faulty light or a major issue. Not really having any serious problem with the way it runs but worried it could be a major issue is anyone else experiencing same problem?

- , Mechanicsburg, OH, USA

Jun 022011

Taurus V6

I bought my 2004 Ford Taurus SEL with 32,000 miles on it. It ran great up to a year ago. The check transmission warning would come on every 60 miles. The only way to reset it is to shut off the car. I have been pushing my luck due to I can’t afford a new car at this time; so I keep driving it. I was told by the Ford dealer in Troy Ohio that the torque converter is going bad. The check transmission warning comes on every 30 to 40 miles now and is starting to run rough. It has 128,000 miles on it now. I will only drive local, within a few miles from my house; which is a major inconvenience. Reading all the complaints, I better park it before it parks me.

- , Piqua, OH, USA