2004 Ford Taurus windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Ford Taurus:

2004 Ford Taurus Owner Comments

Feb 222013

Taurus FWD

When it rains, the windshield wipers turn on when they want, I had people look at it when it isn't raining and they work. BUT, if it rains or snows, they won't turn on. I keep turning the switch and sometimes it starts. It's really scary trying to drive home without them..Anybody else having this problem? Any advice? I need help and can't afford a mechanic..HELP

Update from Nov 10, 2014: Well, the dealer said it would cost me 300 buck to have my wind shield wipers fixed..My husband went on line and found out the car have relay fuses, he switched the fast fuse to the regular speed fuse and know they work.. I need a new fuse but that's it..So, if you have a problem, check the fuses before taking it in to the dealer..

- , Sonora, Comet Mine, USA