Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: While the 2004 GMC Canyon doesn't show any major complaint trends, it's mechanically-identical counterpart is the Chevy Colorado which has some engine problems.

2004 GMC Canyon wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 GMC Canyon:

2004 GMC Canyon Owner Comments

Oct 072016

On October 5, 2016, I took my truck over to my mechanic to have my brake lines bled as I replaced the right front caliper. When they took the right front tire off, they had shown me that the lower left control arm mount was going to fail. There was no failure as of yet and the vehicle was stationary when the problem was found. It was severely rusted out and cracked, as well as the frame and area around it was severely rusted and holes were visible. So I drove it home and took it over to a welder that has done repairs on the truck before and he said that it was too close to the suspension components and he wasn't going to fix it. So, as of now, I am looking for someone who specializes in automotive welding, but there not too many people here in my area who specialize in this kind of work. Inspection is coming up and I doubt it passes. Mechanically, I have has few problems with this truck and would much rather fix it than get rid of it. Pictures I am posting show the severity of the damage.

- Three Rivers, MA, USA

May 212005

Canyon 4WD 5-cyl

While driving on local streets or highway, at any speed, a vibration occurs from the front tires. Sounds and feels like a rock is stuck in the tire (shimmy). This happens every time vehicle is driven and sometimes more noticeable then others. Dealer rotated tires and state that no defects were found

- Astoria, NY, USA