Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: While the 2005 GMC Canyon doesn't show any major complaint trends, it's mechanically-identical counterpart is the Chevy Colorado which has some engine problems.

2005 GMC Canyon lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 GMC Canyon:

2005 GMC Canyon Owner Comments

Mar 242006

Brand new truck, have owned almost 1 year. Had to take truck in for slow acceleration problem as well as hard to crank. Could not pull out into traffic, had to wait until there was no one on the road because I would try to accelerate then it would stop/pause for a second then start to go again. Took my truck to the dealership which they found one of the heads in the engine needed to be replaced. (which at first they told me I had a slow misfire on piston #2 and they had to replace a spring and a coil) a month later I finally got my truck back. One week later I heard a knocking noise so I took my truck back to dealership and was told my oil was low so they topped it off (didn't work by the way). Still having hard time cranking periodically throughout the day. Took it back to the dealership, they kept my truck for 4 days and said they could not find anything wrong with it except a loose starter bolt that they tightened. Truck still cranking funny but was told there was nothing further they could do for me.

- Fayetteville, GA, USA