Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The last model year of the 6th generation Civic (1996-2000) and, subsequently, the last model year before the popular car was overrun with transmission problems.

2000 Honda Civic electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Honda Civic:

2000 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Oct 212015

Civic DX 1.6L V4

I bought this 2000 Honda Civic, first day, no problems runs great. second day, same thing. Now on the third day, I had to go to work, and I try to start my car, the starters works and so does the engine, except their is no freaking gas going to the engine. I'm like ok no big deal just gonna go buy a new fuel pump. Buy the new fuel pump, take out the other one, install the new one, and then boom, nothing, then I'm wondering what the hell is going on. I go inside, plug the old fuel pump on my mini generator, it works, so that's great it's not the pump. I'm grab my voltage meter, I get 12 volts, turn on the ignition, turn off then back on, I recheck, 2 volts ! And now I'm pissed.

- , Granby, QC, Canada