Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The last model year of the 6th generation Civic (1996-2000) and, subsequently, the last model year before the popular car was overrun with transmission problems.

2000 Honda Civic transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Honda Civic:

2000 Honda Civic Owner Comments

Jul 222008

Civic DX

My car gave me no warning that the tranny was about to go out. My check engine light came on then a couple of miles later it just wouldn't go. I had to coast into a gas station parking lot. Good thing it was close. I let it sit for a couple of minutes then I started it up. It went but I didn't even get a mile down the road. So I had it towed home. Now they're saying I need a whole new transmission. A friend of mine told me there was a recall on those transmission a while back. But we checked mine and they're saying it's not under the recall. But I really think it is.

- , Waggaman, LA, USA

Dec 112007

Civic SE

Engine light came on out of nowheres. Then days later when putting the car in reverse. it would stop and go. Then shortly after it only made a loud annoying sound. Car works totally fine driving forward in all gears. Whenever i have to back car up. im forced to put in neutral and push . going in to try and find problem out this week.

- , Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada