2006 Honda Civic seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Honda Civic:

2006 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 2 of 6)

Sep 192016

Civic

Takata recall- first heard of this recall over 1 year ago, checked multiple times, no recall on my car, good, checked a 3rd time and noticed I suddenly had the recall on my passenger airbag- so it took them over a year to tell me that I had this airbag in my car. Was not notified personally until 3 months after I found this on recalls.gov. Have called Honda to talk about this- they tell me that they cannot confirm or deny whether I have this in my drivers airbag, only that it is my passenger one- and it cannot be fixed until Sept of 2016. I found this out in may of 2016. It is almost October (today is 9/19/16) and I contacted Honda again- replacement part is still not available.

- Fort Collins, CO, USA

Jul 052016

Civic

Takata recall. Received recall notice first week in July, have contacted brookdale Honda, brooklyn center, mn several times regarding repair and am always told the "part is on order, we will contact you when parts arrive". it is very inconvenient not to be able to have a front seat passenger in my car.

- Robbinsdale, MN, USA

Jul 112016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available the manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repair. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 11/07/16

- Brentwood, CA, USA

May 012016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Honda Civic. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags) was received in may of 2016. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be provided. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

May 232016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Honda Civic. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was indicated that the drivers side seat might need to be replaced. The vehicle was also included in a manufacturers recall related to the air bags and was unable to determine when the parts would be available. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and was unable to provide a reasonable time frame to supply the parts to the dealer. The failure mileage was not available. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Ocean Springs, MS, USA

May 232016

Civic

Takata recall: What is considered "timely manner" to have problem fixed" original notice May 23 stated that parts would be available "late summer/fall 2016" and until the problem is fixed Honda suggests that I avoid having a passenger in the front seat. I frequently need to have a passenger. What should I do"

- Arlington, VA, USA

Jul 182016

Civic

The contact owns a 2006 Honda Civic. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Ormond Beach, FL, USA

Jun 232016

Civic 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags). The part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 10/19/16 the consumer stated the air bags were replaced on September 22, 2016. Updated 10/24/16.

- Payne, OH, USA

Jul 012016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags) longer than a year ago. The contact was unable to determine when the manufacturer would supply the part to the dealer for the recall repair appointment. The contact called the dealer several times for months and visited the dealer more than twice, but they were unable to determine when the manufacturer would supply the parts. The manufacturer was unable to provide a reasonable time frame to supply the parts to the dealer. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Miami, FL, USA

Aug 242016

Civic

Takata recall - I use this vehicle as a family car, it is now considered unsafe to have passengers in my front seat. As of now the parts are not available to make my car safe. This is unacceptable as the only option I have is to purchase another vehicle, or rent a vehicle, in order to safely Transport my family. Also, my vehicle has an engine recall that was not properly communicated to me (the second owner), which has now led to the potential for catastrophic engine failure.

- Titusville, FL, USA

Aug 312016

Civic

Takata recall I received a letter in July announcing the recall of my passenger side airbag. I immediately called the dealer, ocean Honda of santa cruz, and they told me they would call me back when they had information. I received no call back and today called american Honda where I was assigned a case number 04991690. They told me the dealer should have had access to the proper parts long before now and that I should contact ocean Honda for further information. I left a telephone message at the service department during business hours and they never called me back.

- Santa Cruz, CA, USA

Jun 012015

Civic

There has been 2 recalls since this vehicle has been on recall list for many problems there are a total of 10 recalls on this VIN which qualifies this car for a buyback. The vehicle has had problems with air bag frontal, fuel sysystem, vehicle speed excelarator and also to include frame damage. Car was purchased at an auction please see attachments that are included. I have been trying to get detailed information regarding this. The car has been reported to insurance company as frame damage and it was not registered under that vehicle has a weird noise crackling sound like it's the axel. Also the tires have been repalced 3 times all away around. Ignition and sarter has been replaced once. Please see that the car has been in a total of 5 accidents with 4 being reported and one not from the frame dmage. Please help me dealer is unknown and not in business anymore. Ihave been getting the run-around for this vehicle and need guidance

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Aug 012016

Civic

We received a recall notice that the passenger air bag could inflate and that it could send out debris that could seriously harm the passenger. No solution was offered until Honda can provide replacement parts. In the meantime, the notice said, do not allow anyone to sit in the passenger seat. That is unacceptable. Honda should provide alternate means of transportation until the problem is fixed in our 2006 Honda Civic.

- Somers Point, NJ, USA

Aug 262016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Honda Civic. The contact received a recall notification five weeks ago for NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Aug 262016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags) however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Willow Street, PA, USA

May 272016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Ashland, OH, USA

Jul 252016

Civic 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2006 Honda Civic. The contact received NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags) however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. In addition, the contact stated the OCS warning light illuminated after the recall notice was received and while waiting for the part to become available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 10/19/16 the consumer stated the air bag was supposedly installed on September 14, 2016. However, the ocw light failed intermittently. Updated 10/24/16.

- Willow Street, PA, USA

Aug 162016

Civic

Takata recall - I've been dealing with Honda's customer service department since the middle of June. Both my boyfriend and I live together. We both drive the same car make and model but his is an '07. We both have recalls on our passenger airbags and we have a switch that indicates when nobody is the passenger seat it shuts off the airbag. Unfortunately, both of our vehicles don't do that, the light never indicated that the airbag is shut off and that means that the airbag is still active. So in other words if we get hit, even though nobody is in the seat, our passenger airbags are going off. Ive spoken to several people regarding this and even submitted photos. Finally, they called me regarding alternate transportation on 8/15 but today, 8/16, my case manager yvonne, stated that I was denied alternate transportation. I love that Honda thinks this is a game. In other words, my boyfriend and I are not going to take separate cars to the grocery store or when we go out of town. We carpool and I tried to explain that to the case manager and several people but I guess my boyfriend's life or my life don't really matter to them. My case manager yvonne, stated that she is ordering a part to fix my airbag light and I may have to pay out of pocket for this repair. I wonder when this will even come in by then my airbag may go off without warning or what if I get into an accident. Below, I have submitted photos of my car while it's on and as you can see the light is off when it's supposed to be on.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Jul 192016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owned a 2006 Honda Civic. While driving at an unknown speed, the front passenger tire blew out. The driver lost control turning the vehicle and crashed into a tree stump. The air bags did not deploy. A police report was filed. The driver and front passenger sustained injuries that required medical attention. The vehicle was destroyed and was towed to a tow yard. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. Right after the failure, the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags). The failure mileage was 150,000.

- Atlanta, TX, USA

Jul 292016

Civic

NHTSA recall 16V-346: I received a letter from Honda informing me of a safety recall involving the propellant wafers in the passenger side airbag of my vehicle that could cause injury to a vehicle occupant. Honda is not offering to provide alternative transportation, the letter states that until parts are available to make a repair later in the summer I should not have anyone sit in the passenger seat. This is unacceptable. This is our family car, my young daughter sits in the back seat behind the passenger seat, we often have a second child in the back of the car, and a large dog. We can't possibly avoid using the passenger seat when the back seat is full, and our other car is too small to accommodate everyone. When I requested a rental car from my local dealership for the period until the repairs were made, it was denied. I contacted Honda and had to submit a request for alternate transportation and was told a case worker would contact me in 2 weeks or so. I think this is all absurd. They are implying that an airbag recall on the passenger side is not as hazardous as one on the driver's side, and also that a reasonable solution is to just not use the passenger seat. This is not an acceptable response, and it has left my family in danger until the repairs can be made, whenever that will be. No estimated time line has been given.

- Durham, NC, USA