2008 Honda Civic seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Honda Civic:

2008 Honda Civic Owner Comments (Page 3 of 5)

Jul 252016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact mentioned that the dmv prohibited the renewal of the driver's license due to the takata recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Buffalo Grove, IL, USA

Oct 292013

Civic

The contact owns a 2008 Honda Civic. While the contact's vehicle was idling at a traffic light, another vehicle crashed into the front end. The frontal air bags did not deploy. There were no injuries and a police report was not filed. The vehicle was driven to an independent mechanic and repaired for the body damage. The SRS warning indicator illuminated after the repairs were performed. The independent mechanic referred the contact to the dealer. The dealer wanted to charge the contact for the diagnostic testing. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags). The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 62,000.

- Davie, FL, USA

Jul 282016

Civic

Takata inflators: The following is concerning my 2008 Honda Civic and Honda's failure in their recall campaign: 23 May 2016: Honda issues recall concerning vehicles in my model year and suggest I check my VIN against their database of recalled vehicles to see if my specific vehicle is affected. 27 May 2016: I contact Honda with VIN to see if my vehicle is affected. I am told that it is not. 27 July 2016: Receive letter in mail saying a recall was issued on my vehicle on 23 May. 28 July 2016: I contact Honda again and they confirm that there is a recall on my vehicle. I was told that their system had not updated the new information when I called 4 days after the recall was issued. In the days immediately following a recall issue is most likely when consumers are to check to see if their product is affected. If databases are not updated to reflect current information, many consumers, like myself, may have been driving around for the past two months with dangerous air bags even though they did their do diligence to research their vehicles. Honda's suggestion to check your VIN against their recall database was an insufficient solution to the airbag issue. Honda's failure to update recall databases (until sometime after 27 May 2016) following the issue of their recall on 23 May 2016 was dangerously negligent.

- Reynoldsburg, OH, USA

Jul 212016

Civic

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the parts for the recall repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jul 262016

Civic

Takata recall. I have to wait on parts to be available. In the meantime I must drive my car and I am taking a chance of having metal pieces fly in my face even as the driver. We drove cars without airbags long ago-I should have the choice at least of dismantling the airbags until they can be fixed. This is crap!

- Lebanon, PA, USA

Jul 252016

Civic

I received a safety recall NHTSA recall 16V-346 on Saturday 7-23-2016, passenger frontal air bag, metal fragment could pass airbag cushion. Today 7/25/2016 the Honda dealer and Honda automobile customer service does not and will not offer a rental car for this recall, they state no one should sit in the passenger seat. Customer service stated it will late summer early fall before the parts will be in. If an accident would occur and the bag deployed the driver (me) would not be in a safe environment. Honda does not seemed to be concerned about the customers safety or convenience.

- Elizabeth, PA, USA

May 232016

Civic

The contact owns a 2008 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Webster, NY, USA

Jul 222016

Civic 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Honda Civic. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 09/22/16

- Jackson Center, PA, USA

Jul 052016

Civic

Takata recall - heard the airbag might be on recall about a month ago. Daughter drives this car to college. Looked up Civic online and it met the recall for takata airbag. Took to dealership but they said they have no part for replacement until fall. This is unacceptable. Our 4 seat car is now a 'limo' as no one can sit in the front passenger seat. Also my daughter must return to college without the repair completed as the parts are not expected until after she must return. Her college is over 6 hours away. This is beyond inconvenient. And very unsafe. You need to supply the repair much sooner.

- Paradise, CA, USA

Jul 152016

Civic

Takata recall - I searched my VIN number to determine any potential recalls on my vehicle to find that mine is included on the airbag recall. I called my local dealership, and they informed me that they would order the part and it would take roughly a week to ship in; it would take about 45 minutes to fix once the part was in. I was utterly shocked that she wasn't surprised or even wanting to verify any information on my vehicle. I never received any notice as to the issue on my vehicle, and only found out from being proactive. This recall has been out since may of 2016, and its July and I still have yet to receive any information from Honda" this seems like gross negligence should something have happened if I was in an accident; I wouldn't have known that my passenger and possibly myself could be killed due to metal fragments being released when the airbag ruptures. Is it not required that this information be made aware to the owners of the vehicles by the manufacturers? why did I have to go out of my way to find out that there is a problem that is of their doing? where are the repercussions against the company for failing to be proactive" I have other issues with my vehicle that I will file under other reports. Honda isn't getting off clean anymore, not when they're quality has dropped and negatively impacted the safety of others.

- Renfrew, PA, USA

Jul 012016

Civic

Tamara recall - getting the run a round on getting the replacement of the airbags. First, was never notified, now they are telling us that only the passenger airbag is affect and that seems very strange that it would have different materials than the driver airbag. Very unhappy at the way Honda is handling this. Telling us that it takes 60 to 90 days to get the parts that seems extreme. The whole situation seems like a cover up with the public be put in danger.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jun 192016

Civic

Addendum: Reference ODI number: 10748966. As of 6/19/2016 my Honda Civic has a recall for the passenger side airbag (VIN verified). I am not suppose to let anyone sit in the passenger seat until a Honda dealer fixes it. So now I have no airbag and no seat belt on the driver's side (because it deployed without any reason)...I also have a loaded time bomb on the passenger side that Honda wants to fix...but still no recall on the driver's airbag because Honda doesn't think it needs to be recalled. Why isn't the NHTSA making Honda recall 2008 Honda Civics for the driver side airbag" does someone have to die first" my god, the driver side airbag is ticking time bomb!

- Bonne Terre, MO, USA

May 052015

Civic

Takata recall the air bag cause me facial injurys in a car accident and body injurys.

- Wayne, MI, USA

Jun 102015

Civic

Clear coat & paint still fading after it was repainted by cleobay Honda in 2014. Side airbag warning light is on most of the time for no reason. Sun visor's where replaced twice last in 2014 and are broken again. They will not stay up or down.

- Ramona, OK, USA

Jul 112015

Civic

The contact owns a 2008 Honda Civic. While driving at various speeds, the brake pedal was depressed and the vehicle made an abnormal noise. The failure recurred numerous times. The contact stated that the air bag warning indicator also illuminated continuously. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the compliance bushing fractured and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 73,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Metairie, LA, USA

Jan 102016

Civic

Ran over a shallow pot hole on a city street. The car was going 10-15 miles per hour (5 feet after a complete stop at a stop sign). The car was traveling straight across a one way stop. The driver's side air bag exploded (did not deploy) and seat belt stopped retracting. Damage was also noted to the base of windshield on the driver's side.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Dec 272015

Civic

The contact owned a 2008 Honda Civic. While driving 30 mph in inclement weather, the wheels and the steering column seized. As a result, the contact crashed into a guardrail. The air bags failed to deploy. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to a salvage yard. A police report was filed and there were no injuries. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was approximately 109,000.

- North Andover, MA, USA

Dec 292015

Civic

Takata recall I have been waiting for months on this recall after notifying rusty wallace Honda in the dallas area and have had no further contact.

- Rowlett, TX, USA

Nov 082014

Civic

Hit a deer going 70 miles a hour state highway seat belt did not deploy I have a spine injury also paint is fading on roof

- Hensonville, NY, USA

Aug 082015

Civic

The contact owned a 2008 Honda Civic. While driving approximately 55 mph, the contact crashed the vehicle into a deer. As a result, the vehicle rolled and the air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. There were no injuries. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Winnebago, IL, USA