2003 Honda Element electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda Element:

2003 Honda Element Owner Comments

Feb 212006

While driving West on interstate 10 near brookshire tx I reached into the tray on the right driver side (in dash next to steering column) and apparently brushed the remote (hanging on the key ring) and the engine shut down. I was in the left lane of the two lane highway and had to drive off the exit with no power and put the car in park to restart.

- Schulenburg, TX, USA

Sep 102005

Element 4-cyl

Car was parked, engine turned off, and key removed from the ignition. As I stepped out the car began to roll, my right leg became caught in the car, I was dragged about 80 feet down my driveway until I finally managed to free my foot and roll away. I fractured a finger, tore ligaments in that and another, injured my right knee and ankle, scraped my right arm, and bruised my upper thigh. The car continued to roll over some large rocks, across the road, and into the corn field. The key should not have come out of the ignition when the car was not in park. After getting no satisfaction from Honda America, my local dealer finally agreed to fix the problem by replacing the entire key interlock system.

- Memphis, NY, USA