6.0

1. lock spray lubricant (1 reports)
1999 Honda Odyssey accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 Honda Odyssey:

1999 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Jul 182012

Odyssey EX

Ignition Problems

I had my 1999 Ignition switch replaced under warrenty in 2002 and the same problem reacurred ten years later. Honda offered to replace for free but I was reponsible for the diagnostic fee to have it confirmed by Honda dealer.

I decided to called my local Locksmith and they told they sell a special Lubriciant $15 made by Master Lock (See Picture) that may solve the problem. I spray it into the switch as far back as the stick allows you to go and magic the car has been find ever since.

I figure if it starts to act up again I know to have the switch replaced, but so far so good.

Good luck all.