- June 27: Exploding Takata Airbag Involved in Death of Malaysian Woman news | 1 days ago
- June 10: U.S. Virgin Islands Sues Honda and Takata news | 18 days ago
- May 13: Hawaii Sues Honda and Takata Over Explosive Airbags news | 46 days ago
- May 8: Honda To Recall 21 Million Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 51 days ago
- May 5: Two More Malaysian Deaths Possibly Caused by Takata Airbags news | 54 days ago
2014 Honda Odyssey
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 and 2015 Honda Odyssey shows an early trend of transmission problems with clunking/jerking when shifting gears.
Most of these Odyssey transmissions are still under warranty, but so far Toyota generally hasn't been able to diagnose or fix the clunking problem — that's the reason for our low rating. Some owners have reported it was a stuck solenoid, & in a few cases Honda has replaced the entire transmission.
As more of these Odysseys start exceeding the 60,000-mile powertrain warranty limit, buyer beware.
Worst 2014 Odyssey Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems32
- interior accessories problems13NHTSA complaints: 1
- engine problems12NHTSA complaints: 23
- body / paint problems9NHTSA complaints: 9
- brakes problems8NHTSA complaints: 25
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 14
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- wheels / hubs problems1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 34
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 8
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 6
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 6
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 4
- lights problemsNHTSA: 3
- steering problemsNHTSA: 2
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Odyssey Model Years
Curious how the 2014 Odyssey compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Odyssey overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Odyssey.