4.0

1. clean intake path or get EGR valve replacement (1 reports)
2001 Honda Odyssey engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Honda Odyssey:

2001 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Nov 222010

Odyssey

I have Engine light on in my 2001 Honda Odyssey since last year. Honda dealer checked the code in computer and tell me that I need to change EGR valve. My mechanic who was working in Honda before told me that there was an EGR update on Honda Odyssey but I am sure that Honda did not did EGR update in my vehical. I talked to Honda customer service and they told that Honda did extend warrenty for EGR problem till 130,000KM.

My mechnical told me that there is no risk to run Odyssey with engine light on due to EGR valve issue. All it dose is not giving economi in highway milage. Honda is telling me $500 to clean intack path and $500 to replace EGR valve which I believe too much.

- , Regina, Saskatchewan, canada