4.7

2003 Honda Odyssey fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda Odyssey:

2003 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Nov 172006

Odyssey EX V6

This has happened since day 1, which is why I entered my mileage as 100. I currently have about 42,000 miles, and it is still happening. I never brought it to the dealer because I assumed that it was just a sloshing sound within the full fuel tank. I must have guessed correctly (I hope!)

- , Fitchburg, MA, USA

Dec 072003

Odyssey EX

Loud thunking sound from rear under vehicle. Only happens with full to half tank of gas. Was told by dealer that this is characteristic of SOME Odyssey's. The sound is a result from sloshing fuel in tank and too bad for me that mine does it. They will not fix this most annoying problem. I already own a 98 Accord and a 03 Civic. You bet I will NEVER buy another Honda again!

- , Hollister, CA, USA

May 302003

Odyssey EX

when braking quickly, there is a clunking sound under the back of the car. was told by dealer that it was the gas tank/it was the gas sloshing around..hear it more loudly with a full tank of gas?

- , Arlington Heights, IL, USA