2003 Honda Odyssey suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Honda Odyssey:

2003 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Aug 132003

Odyssey 6-cyl

I have a 2003 Honda Odyssey with the towing package. The problem that I am having is that my rear suspension cannot support the tongue weight of my pop up trailer. Also there is no manufacturer that makes heavy duty shocks for the Odyssey. My manual says that the Odyssey can tow up to 3500 lbs. My pop up is only 2000lbs. Even with a weight distribution hitch my Odyssey still dips down in the rear. This is definitely a safety hazard when driving. Honda should offer as part of the towing package heavy duty suspension. I've check the internet and found that my complaint is a common complaint among people who tow trailers with the Honda Odyssey. When the back end dips down it takes weight off the front wheels which is definitely a safety hazard. I beleive that Honda should be force dto offer heavy duty suspension to those people that have the towing package.

- Schenectady, NY, USA