1.4

2004 Honda Odyssey accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Honda Odyssey:

2004 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Aug 042015

Odyssey

Driver seat snapped and now rocks back and forth. Is this a safety issue" I would think that Honda would warn people about this problem and come issue a recall"

- Dallas, GA, USA

Jan 012015

Odyssey

The contact owns a 2004 Honda Odyssey. The contact stated that the driver's side seat became fractured while attempting to secure the seatbelt and would not remain in an upright position. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the contact was advised that the entire driver's side seat track would need to be replaced. The manufacturer was also contacted but advised that they would not be willing to assist with the repair costs due to the age of the vehicle. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 172,835.

- Milton, FL, USA

Oct 102014

Odyssey

Driver seat bracket failure (metal fatigue) renders bottom of seat loose, not holding driver in fixed position. Failure renders seat restraint system ineffective. Dealership position is that failure is due to age, and will not replace at its cost. Metal bracket is not rusted at failure location. Pictures show stress fatigue due to riveting process. Repair cost = $1681. Current blue book value = $2475. Cost for me to repair is excessive. Other similar failures reported on internet since 2002. My position is that Honda corporation is shirking its responsibility to manufacture a safe vehicle (that has been maintained) regardless of age.

- Libertyville, IL, USA

Apr 092012

Odyssey 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Honda Odyssey. The contact stated that the driver's seat lifted up independently when the accelerator and brake pedals were applied. The dealer stated that the seat bracket needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000. Updated 10/23/2014 updated 4/21/2015

- Akron, OH, USA

Jan 012014

Odyssey 6-cyl

Driver's side (left) seat track assemble broken. Seat rocks back and forth. I am the original owner and vehicle has been in no accidents. A search of forums reveals that this is a common problem and Honda takes no responsibility for poor engineering. Tsb 02-059 per Honda.

- Paso Robles, CA, USA

Oct 282011

Odyssey 6-cyl

Driver's seat turns into a rocker and reclined backwards towards the second row while in mid traffic. Dealer says that the seat tray is broken and costs to the owner is $2500 to replace it. Seems like a manufacturer defect and a safety issue since incident was not provoked and seats looks new. I noticed drivers seats in models post 2004 are designed differently, a one-piece unit instead of a tray+seat. Believe manufacturer is aware of this issue prompting redesign of subsequent models. Car is unsafe to drive with the driver's seat rocking and reclining. All other seats seem to be fine.

- Tracy, CA, USA

Sep 132009

Odyssey

The weld for the drivers seat failed in my 2004 Honda Odyssey with 125,000 miles. No warning. My wife asked if it was safe to drive and the shop foreman at the Honda dealer said it was safe for a while. Is a broken weld on a seat a major safety violation or at the least dangerous for my wife and daughters?

- Mt. Hood Parkdale, OR, USA

Nov 282003

Odyssey 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Honda Odyssey. Sporadically, while driving various speeds, the heated seat becomes so hot that it burns the contact's skin. There are no warning indicators before or after the failure. The vehicle has not been taken to the dealer. The failure mileage was 46,900 and current mileage is 47,000. Updated 1/8/09 updated 01/14/09.

- Herkimer, NY, USA

Sep 262005

Odyssey 6-cyl

I am guessing that when I went to the car wash about a week ago, they lifted up the captains chairs, in the 2nd row, in my Honda Odyssey to clean. I didn't know that they had done this and checked my 2 year olds car seat to make sure it was secure but not the seat itself and drove away. Today I was driving on the freeway and had to slam on my brakes when my daughter, car seat, and captain chair flew into the back of my drivers seat. The captains chair was not secure. My daughter was just fine with a few cuts and bruises. I spoke to all of my friends to warn them about this and not a one would have thought of that as being and issue. You cannot see easily that the seat is not securely attached and because I had not touched the seat myself I didn't have any idea that they would be any issue. I know now that I should always check that but seeing as how none of my friends even thought about that either, I thought I should make people aware. It shocks me that so many safety features have been implemented but not on something as important as this. Please help me.

- Castaic, CA, USA