1.1

2004 Honda Odyssey fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Honda Odyssey:

2004 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Jul 012016

Odyssey

The contact owns a 2004 Honda Odyssey. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the vehicle would stall without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the relay pump failed. The vehicle was repaired. The contact also indicated that while driving approximately 25 mph, the vehicle would shake as the gears changed. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 164,000.

- Boston Spa, NY, USA

Dec 292015

Odyssey

The contact owns a 2004 Honda Odyssey. While the vehicle was parked in the garage, a strong fuel odor was present without warning. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 250,000.

- Auburn, CA, USA

Apr 072014

Odyssey 6-cyl

I was driving to school, and the transmission was acting funny. I drove it approximately 30 miles to our dealership. Luckily I made it. The highest speed I could go was almost 40mph. Pulled into the dealership at 8:30A.M. and waited. Was given the news that it was the transmission, and it was almost $6,000 to replace. They had me. Didn't know what to do...and had to pick up kids at school at 3;30P.M. ended up sinking $40,000 into a new 2014 Odyssey. Boy do I feel taken! and then to find out there was a problem with Honda transmissions from 1999. I do question the transmission of the one I am driving now....it shifts funny. My 2004 also always had a fuel smell. Was concerned at times of starting it. We also paid to have the dash lights fixed....at our expense. Didn't know there was a recall on that either......darn those dealerships!!! they got us on the transmission too!!

- Ballwin, MO, USA

Jul 242012

Odyssey

The contact owns a 2004 Honda Odyssey. The contact stated that while driving 30 mph, the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was towed to repair shop where it was inspected and determined that the fuel pump failed due to corrosion and rust. The failure was related to NHTSA campaign id number: 04V420000 (fuel system, gasoline:delivery:fuel pump). The manufacturer was made aware of the issue, however the VIN was not included in the recall. The vehicle was repaired by replacing the fuel pump. The approximate current and failure mileage was 100,000.

- San Diego, CA, USA