CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2007-2009 was, at one point, the best selling minivan in the United States. But 2007 owners got the short end of that deal.

Peeling paint, a whining steering pump and an easily breakable A/C condenser are all top complaints about the 2007 model year. And anyone who doesn't think a busted minivan A/C is a big deal has never taken a summer road trip with kids.

2007 Honda Odyssey seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Odyssey:

2007 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Feb 052016

Odyssey

I was involved in a three car accident. I was the third car, we were leaving from a traffic light on highway Maryland 301 that just turned green. According to the driver of the second car, driver of car one slammed on her brakes after taking off. I than ran into car number two. I sustained front end damage and my air bags did not deploy.

- Waldorf, MD, USA

Feb 192015

Odyssey 6-cyl

As the driver and only passenger of the above referenced vehicle en-route to pick-up my wife from work on Thursday, 19 February 2015 at approximately 1630 hours, I was involved in a three vehicle collision while travelling approximately 33 mph westbound on dale boulevard approaching forrestdale avenue in woodbridge, Virginia. At the time of the incident, I was wearing my seat belt. The driver side airbag in my 2007 Honda Odyssey deployed. Initial assumption was that as the result of the airbag deployment, my head was forcefully pushed towards the driver side window. And that the impact shattered the glass causing multiple lacerations on the left side of my face, multiple fractures around the eye socket and hyphema in my left eye (photos available for your perusal). To this date, I can't make sense of this assumption. I was immediately transported by emt ambulance to sentara hospital emergency room. X-rays on my chest showed no broken bones. Cat scans to my head confirmed multiple fractures on the eye socket and cheek bones. Surgery was performed between 12 midnight " 3:00 am to suture the lacerations and ensure that my left eye was clear of broken glass. I was out of work from Friday, 20 February 2015 thru Monday, 02 March 2015 by order of dr. Babur lateef, opthalmologist, advanced opthalmology Inc. " the specialist who performed the surgery. Dr. lateef continues to see me to monitor the pressure in my eye, monitor the possibility of getting cataract and vision correction. The vehicle has been repaired and is now in good operating condition (photos of the damage prior to repair available for your perusal). However, with the advent of future recalls due to airbag incidents in the news I decided to share this experience in hopes that I can assist if not help prevent these types of injury/ies.

- Stafford, VA, USA

Mar 252015

Odyssey 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Odyssey. While parking 5 mph with the brakes engaged, the vehicle suddenly accelerated without warning and there was a sudden increase in engine rpms. As a result, the vehicle crashed into an electrical cable box. The air bags did not deploy. A police report was filed and there were no injuries sustained. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The vehicle was repaired. Two days later, the vsa light illuminated and was repaired. Updated 7/14/15

- Valley Stream, NY, USA

May 042015

Odyssey

The air bag dash light will activate after the van has been started and has been running for a short while. This happens on most trips fairly consistently now. Air bags should be warranted for the life of the vehicles, especially for Honda, since they are putting poor quality SRS units in their products for the last 15 years or more.

- Duluth, GA, USA

Mar 172015

Odyssey 6-cyl

My wife two children and 4 guests were moving from a stop through an intersection when another driver disregarded a red light and hit our car toward the rear of the sliding door and front of rear wheel. The other car's speed was unknown but they did not appear to stop prior to impact. All driver side airbags along the side of the car deployed. My wife and one daughter sustained injuries which required hospital examination. All passengers had seat belt burns. My wife was struck with something on the top of her head presumably from debris from the airbags or trim when the airbags deployed. This left a small round hole on the top of her head. She had blood loss which was treated by witnessing nurses and dispatched emt. She was treated and released from the local hospital and has been recuperating at home. We are evaluating further treatment options for other musculoskeletal injuries. Most seat belt burns were minor although the guest passenger in the 2nd row middle seat (removable seat) had more significant burns due to angle of seat belt.

- Brentwood , TN, USA

Mar 052015

Odyssey 6-cyl

Passenger airbag light goes on intermittently!

- Brooklyn , NY, USA

Dec 142014

Odyssey 6-cyl

My husband and son were coming home from a business trip when the side airbags deployed for no reason, hitting my husband and son, injury them.

- Wheeling, WV, USA

Dec 042014

Odyssey 6-cyl

I rear-ended another vehicle, which was stopped, going approximately 35 mph and my air bags did not deploy. I did not think about this issue until the officer at the scene brought it to my attention since he was surprised that they did not deploy. We will not find out until Monday whether or not the car is totaled.

- Bogart, GA, USA

Oct 272014

Odyssey

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Odyssey. The contact stated that while having the vehicle serviced for an unrelated failure, the dealer discovered that the SRS sensor failed. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was unavailable. The approximate failure mileage was 103,000.

- Upper Dabry , PA, USA

Aug 082014

Odyssey 6-cyl

Our 4 small children and a parent were in the vehicle while it was turned on and sitting in our driveway in the parked position when the curtain airbags along the entire length of the Honda Odyssey on both sides of the vehicle spontaneously deployed causing significant hearing damage to all occupants and rendering the vehicle inoperable. We are now very frightened that there is an obvious safety defect with our Honda Odyssey and that at a future time any other airbag in the minivan may spontaneously deploy again or that in the event of a serious collision the airbag system may fail to deploy all together causing serious injury or fatality.

- Paris, ID, USA

Aug 152014

Odyssey 6-cyl

My mother was in an accident, she was driving on gravel road and she slid off road, down an embankment which left the vehicle on it's side and hit a tree head-on. My question is, why did the airbags not deploy? she hit her head on steering wheel twice and suffered neck and back injuries. Thank the lord she had her seatbelt on. The van is totaled and I am thankful that my mother is alive but very disappointed and angry that airbags did not deploy.

- Omak, WA, USA

Jan 292010

Odyssey 6-cyl

Lots of car stopped on the highway 65 mile speed limit, I stopped completely after few second later rear vehicle hit my van. Police came make report, rear car's fault. I did not ride ambulance. I see doctors, I thought I was O.K. but 10 month later I was in the hospital almost 2 months. I got surgery my upper back because my spinal was pinched by bone and leaking. Air bag did not deployed accident time, if it work, I did not injured. Rear car hit my van and my van hit in front of my car. My chair frame was lifted up rear door and bumper and body frame need straight.

- Plattsmouth, NE, USA

Jan 042010

Odyssey

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Odyssey. The contact stated that while stopped, another vehicle crashed into the rear of his vehicle causing the contact to crash into the rear of another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the repairs were unknown. The contact sustained spinal injuries that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate mileage was 110,000.

- Plattsmouth, NE, USA

Jan 262011

Odyssey

I received a recall notice relating to faulty vsa system in Honda Odyssey. My vehicle was totalled as a result of a single driver accident that occured on ct-15 merrit parkway in January 2011. It snowed that day in Connecticut although there was no visible snow on the highway when this happened and at a particular turn, the vehicle skidded (no break was applied), and after trying to control through turning the steering hit the road divider barricades facing forward and then sideways resulting into damage to radiator system and activating all air bags. I spoke with Honda representative today who advises that they cannot assist me further because vehicle is not available for inspection and they cannot therefore confirm or deny whether the issue was caused due to this matter. My request to speak to the supervisor was declined. I do not feel that my concerns were adequately addressed.

- Trumbull, CT, USA

Aug 042013

Odyssey 6-cyl

While turning into a parking space and applying my brakes, the engine revved, brakes stopped responding and the vehicle propelled forward, resulting in the vehicle jumping a median and ramming into a tree at which point the airbags deployed and engine cut-off. This left me with burns on the skin of my arms and neck area. I have owned and driven this van for six years and am certain that I was applying the brake. The vehicle had to be towed as the driver side seatbelt was left inoperable. We were told by our dealership that the side air bag had deployed within the column, but did not enter the cabin as it was not visible and was caught within the seat belt pillar.

- Lauderdale By The Sea, FL, USA

Dec 202012

Odyssey 6-cyl

Air bag warning light on. Dealer said it was right front sensor which they replaced. It did not fix it and now they say the control system is bad and air bags will not work. Perhaps this is related to other Honda air bag recalls. This is the third major safety issue with this vehicle, brakes (recalled), steering (recalled) and air bags.

- Hoffman Estates, IL, USA

Aug 222010

Odyssey

Typical Honda Odyssey soft brake pedal. We've had this brake issue since new. Multiple recalls, adjustments, etc... Honda for some reason can't figure out the problem. Our van was wrecked twice because of this stupid brake problem. The first wrecked happened in August 2010. The brake pedal went to the floor and caused a front end collision. I took it to Honda again, but they said nothing was wrong with the brakes. Then the second wreck occurred. Same reason as the first. That's two serious accidents in 1.5 year time span. Each time the damage exceeded $10,000. Both accidents occurred because the brakes were soft and the vehicle wouldn't slow down fast enough. Oh, did I forget to mention that the airbags never deployed in either accident. What's the point in having airbags if they are not going to deploy in a major front end collision. This vehicle is flat out dangerous.

- Gainesville, FL, USA

May 172012

Odyssey

The contact owns a 2007 Honda Odyssey. The contact stated when entering a highway at 30 mph, the drivers frontal air bag deployed without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who inspected the vehicle and stated that the air bag deployment was not a manufacturers defect. The contact sustained injuries to the head and neck. The New York state police was present. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and current mileage was 43,000.

- Rochester , NY, USA

Apr 142011

Odyssey

Brakes failed causing a crash. We bought the vehicle brand new in 2007 and have noticed spongy, soft, hard to stop brakes from the beginning. Dealerships, we have taken it to more than one, always say it's fine, no failure, no problem can be repeated. We had the brakes replaced just in case and have had both recall jobs fixed, one just last week. This week cars stopped short in front of my husband while he was driving, he could not stop, tried to slam brakes and the van would not stop, he put the pedal to the floor and nothing. He hit the car in front of him. We have had a few problems with trying to stop short in the past but have avoided a crash before. A recall is just not enough, it didn't fix the problem for our van. Also the airbag did not deploy.

- Hampton, GA, USA

May 142008

Odyssey

I was driving my 2007 Honda Odyssey. As I was coming to a stop, I became involved in an accident. Over the recent weeks I thought it was taking longer to stop my van, but had my van in for service the week before. I was assure that everything was fine and all fluid levels were correct. ***note: On my first service visit the service adviser told me that I should not be concerned about brake fluid levels that the van would notify me when it was time to replace the breaks and that the van was designed to do so. The police were called to the scene of the accident. I could not explain the accident and the officer coaxed me in to saying that I had been distracted. I was in shock. My son was in the car with me and I could not think much of anything else other than whether he was safe. I believe I had come to a complete stop then hit the vehicle in front of me. My airbags did not deploy. Ever since the accident I have continued to notice that I must press the brake pedal all the way to the floor at times to stop the van and other times I don't in normal driving circumstances. All along I had believed the dealership that everything was fine with my vehicle. Now I have damages to pay and a ticket I am facing as a result of what I believe to be break failure. I will be making a follow-up report with my local police department, faxing a copy other similar break failure complaints to my insurance company, contacting Honda and hopefully will be able to get some answers on the problem with my van.

- Bentonville, AR, USA