6.0

2007 Honda Odyssey transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Odyssey:

2007 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Nov 162010

Odyssey EXL

Traveling at 45-55 mph shortly after starting the vehicle - maybe 1-2 miles after starting on the road, the van slams to a near stop. Others here are describing that the brakes activate on their own; however, my wife and I have not considered it a brake problem. We are thinking the van is downshifting all the way to the lowest gear. This has happened 3 times over the past 9 months and the dealer says they cannot replicate the problem and can't find anything wrong. It happened twice in the past 2 weeks, but prior to that, it's been over 6 months since it happened the first time. In all 3 cases, it happened at about 50 mph and shortly after starting on the road - I would say within the first 1-2 miles traveled. I would really like to hear from any of you who have posted in the past if your dealer has offered a solution.

- , Canton, GA, USA

Jun 042010

Odyssey EX-L 3.5

This started in june 2010(37000 miles). First they said the problem is that I was not used to the computer shutting down 3 of the 6 cyl. for gas management. Then I went back one month later and they replaced the tq.. converter. two months later it still makes a loud click when shifting into drive, downshifting, and in high gear it wines/vibrates under a slight load. I went back to dealer , they said that the only noise they heard is normal to the car. I'm going back today to fix this issue or buy a different car not another honda. what happened to honda?

- , Sharpsburg, GA, USA

Jul 142010

Odyssey EXL 3.5

THOUGHT HONDA WAS INVINCIBLE. THAT'S A CROCK. THE DOWN SHIFTING IS HARD FROM 3RD TO 2ND TO 1ST AND THERE IS A SHUDDER COMBINED WITH A JUMP IN RPMS.

- , Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Jun 012008

Odyssey EX 3.5L V6

The car would not go forward when i shift from park to drive. the Honda mechanic said it's normal because there is a delay in the drive by wire mechanism. Didn't really care much about this car, it's a lease first and foremost. I just made sure that I made Honda aware of the problem with the car. I'm glad I didn't buy this car. Tried to tell people I know how bad Honda is. Pls. see my complaint about steering problem with the same car.

- , YONKERS, NY, USA