6.4

2007 Honda Odyssey transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Honda Odyssey:

2007 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Nov 112014

Odyssey EX

After reading the other complaints about a 07 Honda Odyssey's, I am convinced I have a bad Torque Converter. I bought a used 07 Odyssey from a back lot dealer. Mistake #1. The van was a 1 owner, looked well maintained. After driving it for a few days, I noticed a slight vibration in the steering wheel between 45-50 and 65-70 mph. It also seems like the tranny is shifting gears too quickly and acts sluggish when it does shift over. Then when I brake it seems to "grab" or down shift hard at 20 mph. So I took into a highly reputable transmission shop and they said to have the VSA software recall updated and check back with them to see if it helps. I took it in to a local dealer and had the VSA software recall and a fuel pump recall performed. Now the problem seems to be slightly worse.

The best way I can describe the issue is if you ever drove a manual transmission and you shifted gears too early and it made that slight waning sound while trying to pick up acceleration. If I give it a lot gas, the van shifts better, but with normal slow accelerating you can feel the issues.

Anyone know if Honda is recalling these Torque Converters or will repair them? Anyone know of a reputable warranty company? I bought a warranty through ASC Warranty, but I can't find a lot of information on them.

So mad. I have a 3rd child on the way and we are heading into winter and now I have to worry whether or not this "new to us" vehicle is going to randomly go out on us.

- , Indianapolis, IN, USA

Nov 162010

Odyssey EXL

Traveling at 45-55 mph shortly after starting the vehicle - maybe 1-2 miles after starting on the road, the van slams to a near stop. Others here are describing that the brakes activate on their own; however, my wife and I have not considered it a brake problem. We are thinking the van is downshifting all the way to the lowest gear. This has happened 3 times over the past 9 months and the dealer says they cannot replicate the problem and can't find anything wrong. It happened twice in the past 2 weeks, but prior to that, it's been over 6 months since it happened the first time. In all 3 cases, it happened at about 50 mph and shortly after starting on the road - I would say within the first 1-2 miles traveled. I would really like to hear from any of you who have posted in the past if your dealer has offered a solution.

- , Canton, GA, USA

Jun 042010

Odyssey EX-L 3.5

This started in june 2010(37000 miles). First they said the problem is that I was not used to the computer shutting down 3 of the 6 cyl. for gas management. Then I went back one month later and they replaced the tq.. converter. two months later it still makes a loud click when shifting into drive, downshifting, and in high gear it wines/vibrates under a slight load. I went back to dealer , they said that the only noise they heard is normal to the car. I'm going back today to fix this issue or buy a different car not another honda. what happened to honda?

- , Sharpsburg, GA, USA

Jul 142010

Odyssey EXL 3.5

THOUGHT HONDA WAS INVINCIBLE. THAT'S A CROCK. THE DOWN SHIFTING IS HARD FROM 3RD TO 2ND TO 1ST AND THERE IS A SHUDDER COMBINED WITH A JUMP IN RPMS.

- , Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Jun 012008

Odyssey EX 3.5L V6

The car would not go forward when i shift from park to drive. the Honda mechanic said it's normal because there is a delay in the drive by wire mechanism. Didn't really care much about this car, it's a lease first and foremost. I just made sure that I made Honda aware of the problem with the car. I'm glad I didn't buy this car. Tried to tell people I know how bad Honda is. Pls. see my complaint about steering problem with the same car.

- , YONKERS, NY, USA