2009 Honda Odyssey brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Honda Odyssey:

2009 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Sep 302014

Odyssey 6-cyl

Engine light came up. Drive light flashes. Moving into drive is very noisy. Car hesitates to move and changes gear late.

- South Elgin, IL, USA

Aug 232012

Odyssey 6-cyl

Van had a minor accident in the front end that I purchased from my brother's body shop. Not sure if accident caused it but, the traction control comes on periodically for no reason, e.g. not raining, losing control of vehicle. Looked at by 2 Honda dealerships and no one can fix the problem without spending a lot of money by looking at every wire. To date, my brother and I have spent about $5,000 replacing the front ABS sensors, front wire harness, steering angle sensor, rack and pinion, bearings, ABS modulator, yann sensor and power steering pump. In order for the traction control not to come on, we must hit the button and shut it off...then the tc light comes on that its off. I called Honda customer service with no help. They sent me a follow up to see if I was happy with call and I sent a 2 page letter to Mr. Smith, customer service vp to help me fix my problem. Although I would like to get reimbursed, I would settle just to have Honda fix my problem at their cost. At this point, driving with the traction control off is very unsafe for my wife and two kids that drive in the van. Please note, this is my second van (previously purchased a 2006 brand new). I understand Honda has a training center in Virginia, and I would be willing to have them look at it to see if they can diagnose the problem. According to one of the Honda dealerships, some of the other 2009 van's do the same thing. We are not sure if this happened before the accident and this is the reason the individual sold it to my brother. Please help...this is very dangerous and Honda does not appear to care about this problem. Please call me if you would like a copy of the letter I sent Honda. Information redacted pursuant to the Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA), 5 U.S.C. 552(B)(6).

- Glen Allen, VA, USA