2010 Honda Odyssey brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Odyssey:

2010 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Mar 042013

Odyssey 6-cyl

I drive my van with my family every day and at freeway speed. When I need to brake the van starts shaking and the pedal pulse is very scary. I took it to john Eagle in houston, and they told me the pads still had 60% life left. If I can live with this until the van gets repairs on all the brakes, or replace everything. But Honda does not have warranty on the brakes. The van is new, not safe, and without warranty.

- Houston, TX, USA

Aug 082012

Odyssey 6-cyl

When braking at 60 mph or higher, the front end of the vehicle shimmies. The steering wheel shakes violently in my hands. Once the speed is below 60 mph, the shimmy stops. I took it to mcgrath Honda in Chicago and after an inspection I was told the front brakes were new and that the rear brakes needed replacement. They said their mechanic thought the shake was being caused by the rear brakes!! I agreed to let them repair the rear brakes. The problem still exists.I may have purchased rear brakes needlessly! I have looked on the internet and found several complaints that are like mine. I have also read that some owner's had the rotors replaced and they still have the problem. I am wondering as to the number of similar complaints that will cause the NHTSA to investigate this problem.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Jan 282012

Odyssey

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Odyssey. The contact stated that while depressing the brakes on an intermittent basis, the pedal would go straight to the floor board without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. After diagnosis, the contact was informed that they would change the fluid in the brake lines. After having the repairs were performed, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was contacted and they offered no assistance. The failure mileage was approximately 13,000. The current mileage was approximately 14,500. The VIN was unavailable.

- Venice, FL, USA

Sep 122012

Odyssey

The contact owns a 2010 Honda Odyssey. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the brake pedal was depressed, which exhibited a spongy sensation and a delayed response. The failure recurred whenever the vehicle was in operation. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where the technician bled the brakes. The malfunction continued to occur. The manufacturer was not notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 100. The VIN was unavailable.

- Biloxi, MI, USA

Dec 312010

Odyssey

The contact owns a 2010 Honda odyessy. The contact was driving between 40 and 65 mph when the steering wheel started to shake. The vehicle was taken to the dealer three times. The dealer stated that the rotors needed to be replaced. The clarification as to which rotor needed to be replaced was unknown. The manufacturer was contacted. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 18,849 and the current mileage was 50,000.

- Lompoc, CA, USA

Jul 122011

Odyssey

Brakes are soft. Does not stop at desired distance. Rotors were resurfaced by Honda dealer but problem came back in 3000 miles again.

- Presto, PA, USA