2.7

2010 Honda Odyssey miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Honda Odyssey:

2010 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

May 232016

Odyssey

(1) air conditioning failed, (2) excessive oil consumption (3) poor mileage (extremely rough running. All occur when the vehicle is operating (in motion).

- North Manchester, IN, USA

May 182016

Odyssey

While I was driving 65mph down the interstate, my sunroof spontaneously exploded. The photos that were taken after this incident indicate the glass is bowed outward as though it were sucked from the vehicle. This was not the result of something impacting the car. There was no object found in or around the vehicle on the sunroof cover. The cover itself was not damaged, also demonstrating that this was an internal combustion. If the shade had not been closed, I could've easily been killed, or at the very least lost control of the vehicle. This is a significant safety hazard. This could kill small children and cause many other accidents.

- Prairieville, LA, USA

May 012016

Odyssey

Vehicle jerked lightly each and every time I stepped on the gas pedal. The vibration is more obviously when vehicle changed from stop to motion. However, the vibration can still be perceived when the vehicle is in motion. The faster the car is in motion, the less vibration perceived. The car runs smoothly if it is running at the speed 60mph or more. No check engine light. Car used lightly, parked in the garage and only has 35K on it. Oil changes performed regularly every 3K, air filter changed yearly.

- Henrico, VA, USA

Apr 232016

Odyssey

Stopped in a service road around a parking lot waiting for cross traffic to clear. Foot was on brake. Vehicle engine began racing. Pressed harder on brake to hold vehicle back to prevent hitting car in front of me. Put vehicle in neutral to stop from going forward. Turned off ignition switch. Started vehicle and problem went away. I operate the brake and gas only with my right foot. I cannot press the gas while my right foot is on the brake. This van experienced sudden acceleration. Day was sunny and about 65F.

- Canton, MI, USA

Mar 192016

Odyssey

I had to replace the fuel pump in my van. I was not aware that there was a recall previously issued for the problem in my 2010 year van. I would like to be reimbursed by the manufacturer for my problem. I also have had to replace both side power sliding doors within the last year or two and they are both going to need repair again as the doors will not stay closed. They close all the way and then pop back open leaving them on and the open door sound indicators remains on. Also when turning, the door will close and then open back up creating air to come through the openings. It is very annoying and very unsafe for our family to travel in. We can't even turn the power off and completely close the door without it popping back open. I have never received a notice from Honda about a recall for the fuel pump problem.

- Sandusky, OH, USA

Sep 192015

Odyssey

Similar to campaign id # 12V062000 (for older 2008-09 Odyssey), the tailgate on my 2010 Odyssey has failed without any warning. Opening it via electrical buttons (in-car dashboard or remote buttons) results in the tailgate raising, bouncing up and down, then closing right back down. Opening it manually produces additional resistance to opening that wasn't there before the failure; then the tailgate refuses to stay up in the open position and slams down with additional force that can hurt an adult, and seriously injure a child. Based on campaign id # 12V062000, suspected failure points are the tailgate gas-filled struts. Video of the failure mode is posted on youtube here: Https://www.youtube.com/watch?V=8J54vwbcmag

- Summit, NJ, USA

Mar 252013

Odyssey

Right rear tail lamp unit was collecting water inside the housing. Dealer advised to have this replaced as it was a potential fire hazard if there was a short circuit. In July 2015, left rear tail lamp starting collecting water as well.

- Clarksville, Md, MD, USA

Jul 142013

Odyssey

Back in Jun 2013, I noticed "passenger side" tail light (reverse gear light box) was full of water after rain. Approx mileage was 28,000. I had it replaced within a month because it might cause serious electronic circuit issues. Now 2 years after in July 2015, I see another side which is "driver side" tail light is being filled with water after each rain. The mileage on the car is now 35,800. I believe parts on right side and left side both were faulty and failed within 35,000 miles and 5 years. Per technician, this may cause serious electric circuit issues.

- Hoffman Estates, IL, USA