4.0

2011 Honda Odyssey suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Honda Odyssey:

2011 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Nov 132012

Odyssey LX V6

As soon as the TSB came out, they should have called me in to do the fix. Some people, not me, would hear the noise and just assume it is something normal, until it got worse and possibly beyond the warranty. I have worked on cars for decades and can hear deviations from the norm.

- , Lodi, CA, USA

Dec 152012

Odyssey EXL V6

The left front strut / suspension creaks when turning right. The noise is especially noticeable at slow speeds. I have not yet taken this problem to the dealer as I'm waiting for the next oil change. It's getting really annoying so I may not wait.

- , Pensacola, FL, USA

Mar 012011

Odyssey Touring V6

So we have this beautiful wonderful new Odyssey Touring, From moment one the right front suspension has been making a creaking noise everytime you turn either way at low speeds, like parking, going into a driveway, or sitting in the dealership and turning the wheel back and forth. We took it in to Hopkins Honda in Hopkins MN and they acknowledged the noise and indicated that they would replace the strut. Instead they replaced all the parts around the strut without telling us. So of course the problem persisted. We took it back in and they said they need to replace the strut, deja vu all over again! So this time they did replace the strut and all seemed quiet for about 50 miles. Then "it's baaaacckk". it gets worse as time goes by and makes the van sound like an old GMC truck after 200,000 miles. So we go into the dealer next week for the third try and I'm going to ask that a technical serrvice rep from Honda be available. I've seen other complaints on other sites for this same issue.

- , Saint Michael, MN, USA