3.5

2013 Honda Odyssey fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Honda Odyssey:

2013 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Oct 142015

Odyssey

Excessive oil burning and premature spark plug failure. The car was driving on the highway when it was noticed to be running poorly.

- Mansfield, MA, USA

Jun 042015

Odyssey

I had just completed a trip to greenville, SC and pulled into my drive. I had taken a load of items into my house when I came back out an notice smoke coming from under the hood. I unlatched the hood to check on the smoke when flames started coming out of from under the hood. I start spraying water under the hood as I call our security which call our local fire department. Our security can and assisted me trying to extinguish the fire until the fire department can and finished extinguishing the fire. The 2013 Honda was determined to be a total loss by usaa. The fire department stated it was an electrical/mechanical problem that caused the fire. I contacted hendricks Honda dealership in greer, SC about the fire where they could investigate for warranty claim/defect. They did not do anything, they have ignored my request nor has Honda automotive of America accepted or investigated.

- Greenville, SC, USA

Dec 012014

Odyssey 6-cyl

When driving - our traction control and engine light has come on several times and the engine has been so rough that we had to stop and let it cool down before taking it immediately home. The first time we took it in - we were told that "something" (dirt) may have gotten into the piston chamber and caused a misfire of the spark plugs, but that we should be ok. Then it happened again and again, but becoming more frequent between resetting the codes. We were told just to replace spark plugs 1 & 2. then as we were haggling with Honda over the phone about warranty coverage and the fact that the light was continuing to come on - it happened again but worse: The engine light was flashing and it was sounding worse, so we did not drive it until we could get it serviced. When in the shop this time - we were told after the diagnostic that the van needed a new short block due to faulty pistons/piston rings and it was covered under a recall/warranty. Then, after we left the vehicle at the dealer for a week waiting for them to get the parts and fix it - we called to pick it up. But this time - they said we were not covered, and all they would do is replace the spark plugs 1 through 4 - under warranty.

- Le Roy, IL, USA

Dec 162014

Odyssey 6-cyl

After 1 hr of highway driving to warm up the engine, smelling gasoline vapors around engine bay, middle of car ( undercarriage ) and vapors getting into cabin. When you pop a hood, the gas vapors really go into your face. The oil on dipstick smells like gas ( as opposed to oil ). I called Honda and created a case and took it to dealership which reproduced a problem. Dealer could smell gas from hood vents when car was stationary as well as on testdrive. At this point dealership is waiting for advise from Honda. P.S.the gas is not dripping, so diagnosis is hard but risk of fire is real.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA