CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 and 2015 Honda Odyssey shows an early trend of transmission problems with clunking/jerking when shifting gears.

Most of these Odyssey transmissions are still under warranty, but so far Toyota generally hasn't been able to diagnose or fix the clunking problem — that's the reason for our low rating. Some owners have reported it was a stuck solenoid, & in a few cases Honda has replaced the entire transmission.

As more of these Odysseys start exceeding the 60,000-mile powertrain warranty limit, buyer beware.

5.5

2014 Honda Odyssey accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda Odyssey:

2014 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Sep 262016

Odyssey

The second row seats both driver and passenger side does not latch properly. This usually occurs when accessing the 3rd row seats using the slide handle. Under normal operation, returning the 2nd row seats to the upright position secures the slider mechanism of the seats and prevents the 2nd row seat from moving. However, the locking mechanism does not work and you will not know that the seat is not secure. Possible injury may occur to the 3rd row occupants if the 2nd row seat moves when the vehicle is in motion. 2nd row seat occupants also may be injured in this situation when the vehicle is in motion. Dealer replaced locking mechanism of the passenger-side 2nd row seats but driver side seat now displays this symptom.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Sep 222016

Odyssey

The second row seats both the left and the right side do not lock into place when you move the seat. You would have to manually touch the black bar on the bottom to lock the seat. My children several times have had the seat move and almost choke them when we come to a complete stop. I have complain several times to my dealership and they have told me that it was a defective spring, however warranty will not change it since it is not broken. That is weird since it is not working as it has been intended.

- Ewa Beach, HI, USA

Jan 012010

Odyssey

The 2009 rule requiring changes in head restraints (commonly called head rests) has resulted in a design found on many vehicles (the Honda Odyssey is just one example) that incredibly uncomfortable for many drivers. In your attempt to help keep people safe you have created an unsafe environment. The angle of the head restraint pushing my wife's head down and forward causing pain and preventing her from seeing out the window properly. This creates a serious driving hazard and essentially eliminated any vehicle made since 2010 (we have tried GM, Chrysler, Honda, Toyota so far). This could be solved by allowing the driving to adjust the angle of the head restraint - you know, by treating us adults capable of making decisions on our own and determining what works for us. I find the head restraint uncomfortable but I can "live with it" after adjusting it. Thanking for keeping us safe and ruining driving for my family. Great job! trying googling "uncomfortable headrests in new cars" to see how many people have a problem with this law.

- Midland, MI, USA