CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 and 2015 Honda Odyssey shows an early trend of transmission problems with clunking/jerking when shifting gears.

Most of these Odyssey transmissions are still under warranty, but so far Toyota generally hasn't been able to diagnose or fix the clunking problem — that's the reason for our low rating. Some owners have reported it was a stuck solenoid, & in a few cases Honda has replaced the entire transmission.

As more of these Odysseys start exceeding the 60,000-mile powertrain warranty limit, buyer beware.

2014 Honda Odyssey electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda Odyssey:

2014 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Jul 262016

Odyssey

My door came ajar while driving down the road!!! when the dash temperature reads above 96 degrees, the electronics of the rear-sliding doors will not operate. This has occurred since the van was 3.5 month old. The local service dept cannot recreate the issue, and no error code displays on the dash. My baby has been trapped in the backseat, because I cannot open the door. During the hot temps, the door will not open manually. The doors are completely stuck! once I drive around and the van cools, the electronics/sliding doors operate just fine. This is a huge safety concern. This occurs when the van is parked, because being stationary in the sun allows it to get hotter. Even with it's only 93 outside, the dash may read 101 after sitting in the parking lot for a few hours. Last week, I tried to open it around 3pm. It would not budge. The dash showed all doors closed when I pulled out of the parking lot. Five minutes later, as I was driving down the interstate, at 65 mph, the door came ajar! I had to pull over and close it. I have read many blogs with other Odyssey owners having the same issue. I have a recent video of the issue, but this site does not allow that formatting.

- Hazel Green, AL, USA

Jun 242016

Odyssey

While my son was reaching for seatbelt his arm/wrist got stuck in door as it was closing. Door would not move and just sandwiched his wrist. Whether car was in drive or park door would not open or close. Finally we got his wrist out and door closed.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Mar 042016

Odyssey

The contact owns a 2014 Honda Odyssey. While driving 40 mph, the vehicle decelerated to approximately 20 mph and would not accelerate. The contact depressed the accelerator pedal with no results. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the vehicle needed a sensor replaced. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred on several occasions. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 25,000.

- Rolling Hills Estates, CA, USA

Mar 112015

Odyssey

The contact owns a 2014 Honda Odyssey. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled and the check engine warning light flashed constantly. In addition, the rpms decreased, there was a loud noise coming from the vehicle, and there was a drastic reduction of speed. The vehicle was also shaking and vibrating, which caused the contact to be unable to control the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer on two occasions where the failure was unable to be determined. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 7,774. MA 10/5

- Damascus, MD, USA

Aug 062013

Odyssey

At different times since the purchase of the vehicle in August 2013 the audio system is completely lost. After 1 1/2 years of discussing this with the service department of the local Honda dealership I was finally informed that Honda has an issue with the audio system and paring to the iphones. I since have deleted my phone from the system and no longer leave the blue tooth on but still lose the entire audio system from time to time. The car must be turned off and restarted. Also at times the front collision warning will go off when you have no one around you. I believe it is all tied together. Although this is not a safety issue I feel I have no where else to turn. After contact american Honda and being assigned a case manager all she could tell me was to get a different cell phone. I have been told they are waiting for updates but find it impossible that it takes this long to have an update built. I know I am not the only customer with this issue and find it very frustrating that I have been for the extras that I can't even use. Updated 9/21/15.....updated 10/01/15

- Centreville, MD, USA

Apr 012014

Odyssey 6-cyl

Bought vehicle in March 2014. We have had numerous problems with our power sliding doors. At times they won't open all the way, sometimes wont close all the way. Sometimes they won't respond at all whether you try to open or close them. Sometimes they do not unlock and it takes multiple times of trying before they finally will. I have pictures proving these malfunctions. The dealer says they can't find anything wrong. I also have problems with the back hatch malfunctioning. It hops/jerks and makes grinding noises. Sometimes it hops/jerks so much that it actually shakes the whole vehicle. Also sometimes the power button does not always work when trying to open it. Mechanic was able to duplicate problem, but the service director insists that it is normal. Initially they did not want to fix it, , but after being persistent with them about this issue, they replaced the rubber gasket around the door to see if that would fix the problem. To date it has not fixed the problem, it has actually gotten worse. I also had a problem with the driverside sliding door making a loud screeching sound when I unlocked it from inside the vehicle. The mechanic took the door apart and greased it and so far this has helped. I also have problems with the doors not responding to the key fob. Sometimes it takes multiple attempts to get it to respond properly. There also seems to be alot of wind noise and you can feel the drafts. The driver window also vibrates while going up/down. I don't know if my vehicle is a lemon or not, but it sure does have a lot of problems with the transmission, electrical, the doors. Etc. I have filed several complaints that describes them all. I originally had a 2010 Odyssey and it had less problems than this one.

- Forked River, NJ, USA

May 012014

Odyssey 6-cyl

Bought my van in March of 2014, early on it started having various electrical problems. The ac/heat blower randomly increases in power (if it was on low, it would all of a sudden start blowing full force and even the bars on the screen increases).the blinker randomly refuses to turn off even after manually turning it off. The collision detection system malfunctions at times. It randomly beeps with no vehicle in sight and at other times, when it should beep, it doesn't. the navigation/radio screens completely black out, only showing yellow lines that you normally see when backing up. During this time, the collision detection system, backup camera, radio and heating controls all do not work.the screens stay blacked out even during driving/backing up, then once the vehicle is off and restarted, things go back to normal. This has happened on several occasions randomly, and vary in how long it malfunctions for. I was able to take some pictures and captured video to show it malfunctioning. Honda dealer initially thought that it was user error. They thought that I had accidentally turned on the lane watch camera, but once I showed them the video, the mechanic stated to me that Honda was aware of this problem from it happening to other vehicles. They were supposed to replace the navigation system. However, I question whether they actually replaced the part. All of our original settings were still programmed including voice dialing. Further research led us to find out that the system had the VIN # stored in its internal memory, which proves that its the original part from when the vehicle was manufactured. I also find out that they were previously sued by the state of NJ for consumer fraud. I have had to audio record conversations and take pictures as proof of the problems my vehicle has because all they want to say is no code, no problem, we can't duplicate or its normal.

- Forked River, NJ, USA

Dec 062014

Odyssey 6-cyl

I went to dinner with my husband on a Friday night, and when we returned to our van, the doors unlocked we got into the van and the keyless start would not work. We tried for 3-5 minutes, no luck, this happened a few months ago, we again did everything to ensure it was not user error (in which the dealership blamed when they said nothing was wrong with the van the previous time). Brake was pressed, key was out, gear in park.... I had to get in and out of the van a few times before the keyless start finally allowed us to start the van... I took it to the dealership repair shop again, and was insistent they fix the keyless start, but they were sooo rude and inappropriate, there was no "error code" and therefore "Honda would not allow them just to replace parts", and the Honda customer service was just as rude!!!! I am no longer a fan of Honda... this is my first and last Honda!

- Savannah, GA, USA

Aug 222014

Odyssey 6-cyl

Bought van and only had it a few months before the keyless start, would not start. Attempted for a whole minute, then finally the keyless start worked. I took it to the shop and they could not find any problems with it, basically they told me perhaps it was user error, but I am not an idiot, I made sure the brake was pressed, the gear was in park correctly, and the key was out and close enough for the car to recognize the key was in the car, however, the car doors unlocked fine with the key. Then a few weeks later, while driving there was a "no key" light on, however the key was in the car, and then a few weeks after that the dash board and radio screens were black for approx. 2 hrs, I took it to the dealership repair shop again only to be told there wasn't anything they could find wrong with my van... unfortunately I bought the van used with only 3000miles, and I think now I know why the original owner traded it in with such low mileage.... it is a lemon!

- Savannah, GA, USA

Nov 042014

Odyssey 6-cyl

Car sustained $8700 worth of damage to nose of car. Airbag failed to deploy. Wife sustained fractured rib.

- St Augustine, FL, USA

May 232014

Odyssey 6-cyl

In March of this year, began new lease for 3rd Honda Odyssey after having two previous and loving them. On May 23rd, my van had no sound of left (driver's) side upon starting my vehicle. Problem resolved itself and has not recurred. Two days later, however, turn signals began malfunctioning with continuous blinking after being turned off. Van was looked at dealership to no avail, as problems did not reoccur for them. On vacation, I was stranded with a broken fuel door and driver's side passenger door that was temp fixed by dealership there. On way home from vacation, cruise control intermittently did not respond correctly when in use in both the set and resume functions. Upon returning home, dealership fixed fuel and passenger doors, had van for a week to address issues that are more electrical/computer-related in nature, but could not replicate, nor isolate problems. Van returned to me with bluetooth connectivity issues. Turn signals and cruise control continue to malfunction, and driver's side passenger sliding door occasionally will not open all the way.

- Muscatine, IA, USA

Nov 202013

Odyssey 6-cyl

When the vehicle is turned on, the computer(s) malfunctions -- scope of failure is not known; symptom is that center display screen on dash (referred to as "intelligent multi-information display", or "I-mid", in manuals) is blacked out, except that it shows yellow gridlines as if rear camera were on, however rear camera is disabled and all other functions that would be visible on the center display screen (including safety features such as rearview camera, "lanewatch"/side-view camera, as well as all vehicle settings, system settings, camera settings, audio settings, etc.) are inoperative. Screen remains blacked out with affected systems inoperative for the duration that the car remains on, regardless of whether car is in park, drive, reverse, etc., and whether car is moving or stopped. If the car is turned off and then on again, so far it has returned to normal -- however it would not be possible to do this while driving. This has happened repeatedly -- approximately 10 times to date.

- Valencia, CA, USA

Jun 102014

Odyssey

My new 2014 Odyssey had problem after 3 days with 05/12/2014 ldw / fcw / engine light came on and this is the second time that had happened. First time took it to the nearest dealer, they reprogrammed the system but it didn't help. 06/10/2014 second time happen and was told that fcw / some kind of led system was never connected and syn with the car. Let's see how it going tomorrow. I also had a accident when these issue occurred. It's very unsafe when this problem occur.

- West Covina , CA, USA

Jun 042014

Odyssey

The vehicle started flashing a "camera is hot" and the lane warning and collision warning light case on the dashboard and flashed several times and now it appears the camera for the lane change is not working and no sound is made or warning light. Have was purchased yesterday and this happened within less than 24 hours. According to blogs on internet they warn of the camera on the dashboard has been an issue on 2014 Honda Odyssey.

- El Paso, TX, USA

May 232014

Odyssey 6-cyl

My insurance company bought this Honda Odyssey ex 2014 van for me to be modified for handicapped equipment as a replacement. It chose and delivered the van to: Better life mobility centers of riverside 7239 Indiana ave., riverside ca 92504 9516863152, who then disabled my steering column adjustment controls resulting in defective turn signals, horn, lights etc. No notice was given to me of such disabling of these safety equipment and they simply left the control for the "tilt & telescopic steering column" in a plastic bag on the console. Honda cars of corona (888) 568-0582 informed me that no warranty or servicing or diagnosing of this car would be made by Honda because it had been modified for handicapped driving which voided all warranty of any shape or form. It appears that "better life mobility" has not complied with federal regulations in the disabling of my steering column, turn signals, etc. Please investigate this business and their conduct. The total cost of this van was $34,547.53 before modifications and now is unsafe to drive until diagnostic and repair of the steering column, turn signals and related safety equipment. I have driven with hand controls for over 24 years, and have never encountered anything like this..

- Chino Hills, CA, USA

Apr 022014

Odyssey 6-cyl

Had been driving brand new 2014 Odyssey with 700 miles on it without incident. Parked car at the grocery store. Returned 20 minutes later and was unable to start the vehicle let alone turn on accessories. Dealership came and could not determine the problem, but was able to jump start the vehicle. Immediately brought it into the dealership where they ran diagnostics and indicated that the factory installed battery was defective and was no longer able to hold a charge. They were not able to explain the sudden failure of the battery or why the vehicle did not indicate any problems with the battery. A new battery was installed and att 500 miles later the vehicle has not had the same problem.

- Chapel Hill, NC, USA