CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 and 2015 Honda Odyssey shows an early trend of transmission problems with clunking/jerking when shifting gears.

Most of these Odyssey transmissions are still under warranty, but so far Toyota generally hasn't been able to diagnose or fix the clunking problem — that's the reason for our low rating. Some owners have reported it was a stuck solenoid, & in a few cases Honda has replaced the entire transmission.

As more of these Odysseys start exceeding the 60,000-mile powertrain warranty limit, buyer beware.

2014 Honda Odyssey seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Honda Odyssey:

2014 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Sep 022015

Odyssey

We got hit by a Dodge Ram truck with a trailer on the left side (driver side) at an intersection ("T"). we were crossing the intersection northbound when the truck crossing the same intersection northeast bound ( turning left at intersection) directly hit the left side of our van pushing the driver side door in and crushing the driver side glass window. Despite the impact, side air bags failed to deploy.

- Montclair, CA, USA

Sep 122015

Odyssey

Our son was driving the car when the side airbag deployed. He was not in a car accident nor did he hit anything. There is absolutely no damage to the outside of our 2014 Honda minivan. Thankfully, our son kept calm, pulled the car over and called us. Now Honda says it's an insurance problem and will not pay to freelance the airbag and our insurance company says it's a mechanical problem and Honda should pay.

- Laguna Beach, CA, USA

Jul 162015

Odyssey

While driving in a parking lot going no more than 10 miles per hour, I hit a concrete block with the front left side of my car in front of the wheel. It was in a blind spot. My 9 year old daughter, who weighs 62 pounds, was sitting in the passenger seat ( which was not all the way foward. The seat was about half way back). Both of our air bags deployed and only my seatbelt locked. Her airbag should not have deployed and her seatbelt should have locked.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Mar 272015

Odyssey 6-cyl

The vehicle had a full frontal impact, the impact was all the way to the engine but none of the airbags were deployed, my front passenger head was hit against the mirror/visor I am really concerned about the safety of this vehicle. Called american Honda about the incident and they have asked me to read the SRS airbags manual on why they haven't deployed.

- Katy, TX, USA