CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 and 2015 Honda Odyssey shows an early trend of transmission problems with clunking/jerking when shifting gears.

Most of these Odyssey transmissions are still under warranty, but so far Toyota generally hasn't been able to diagnose or fix the clunking problem — that's the reason for our low rating. Some owners have reported it was a stuck solenoid, & in a few cases Honda has replaced the entire transmission.

As more of these Odysseys start exceeding the 60,000-mile powertrain warranty limit, buyer beware.

8.7

2015 Honda Odyssey wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Honda Odyssey:

2015 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

May 232015

Odyssey

About 1:30 pm, May 23, 2015, I was driving my new 2015 Honda Odyssey ex on East bound of rt 529 (plainfild ave) to rt 1 in Edison, NJ, the left rear back Michelin tire blew out about 100 yards away from the intersection. There was nothing on the road. Nothing was found on the tire. I called insurance company, towing company, and finally I found that a Nissan dealer in rt 1 was just 200 yards away. I slowly drove the vehicle to the dealer, replaced the spare tire. On Wednesday, I replaced a new Michelin same tire in sweeney's gulf at East brunswick, NJ. Thursday, I went to autosport Honda dealer at bridgewater, NJ where I purchased the vehicle last October. But the dealer at first denied the tire had defect, then they told me that they didn't handle the tire warranty, I had to go Michelin dealer. On Friday, May 26, I went to a Michelin dealer in old bridge, NJ. The staff told me that I had to call Michelin to see what I should do. I called and emailed Michelin. Followed the instruction, I went to sts on rt 18 to check. Todd checked the tire and the rim, told me that the tire hit something, which cut the tire, not the defect because he saw a sesame big mark on the edge of the rim, which caused the blow out. But he couldn't answer my questions: Why the front tire was fine" why the tire near the rim was no any damage, the blowout was in the middle of the side of the tire, 3 inches away from the mark on the rim? why the shap of the blowout was a irregular curve crack, no straight cutting edge as he said that something cut the tire" I didn't feel I hit anything. I didn't see anything on the road. I stayed there for about 1 hour before I took my car to Nissan dealer. 529 is a busy road, at least hundreds cars passed in one hour, no one blew out. It obvious that either nothing on the road, or some tiny thing which should not cause a tire blowout. So it is a defect which caused the blowout.

- East Brunswick, NJ, USA