2016 Honda Odyssey electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Honda Odyssey:

2016 Honda Odyssey Owner Comments

Jan 312016

Hi, I believe that there are two defects for Odyssey 2016 1. low gas warning indicator is too hard to get noticed 2. no audible noise when running low on gas. It is very dangerous that if running out of gas on the road. Suddenly lose of power is very dangerous, very easy to get the car crash on the road. And it happened to me today. Thanks god, it happened when I'm on a local road not the free way. But I hope it never happened again to all other Odyssey owner in the future. That's the reason I filed this case. Fuel level meter/low gas indicator is on the right bottom of the instrument board. But the light is mostly blocked by the wheel with the way I sit so I hardly ever tell when I'm running on empty. (see the attached picture). And there is no audible noise when your running low on gas. There is no way that the driver can get warning is he already on the way to danger. I know the driver should check the gas before moving the vehicle. But all the car I drove before have sound alarm/beep to remind me every time when I move the car, and also the low fuel warning light is in the center of the board. It very easy to get the notice of the situation of low gas. But Odyssey 2016 placed the gas indicate in the place that hardly to see. Even vehicles in the 80S had that feature. Don't know why even vehicles in 2016 lose this very important safety related feature.

- San Jose, CA, USA